delayed boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-dogg

Reaction score
Something came up during last nights brew session. I did an all grain pale ale.I collected my wort boiled enough to make a small starter,let the rest cool then put it in the fridge. tonight I boiled and put in primary. Is this OK?Can I expect any problems or will I be alright? Thanks in advance

shouldn't be bad if you boiled before you put in to the primary. i don't see a problem with it, as long as you remembered the hops;)

Cheers

I think it's a wait and see. I've never done it, but I think it most likely will be fine (certainly beer). I would mainly be concerned that the wort was open to infection during the period before boiling which could result in permanent off-flavors.

I am a little worried about the infection issue.Hopefully nothing to bad got in there Thanks Baron

t-dogg said:
I am a little worried about the infection issue.Hopefully nothing to bad got in there Thanks Baron
I doubt you would end up with infections after the boil, the only difference I would say is that it could sour but if it was in the fridge it probably would of slowed that process. At room temp it can sour quickly, have you smelled the funk grains get that have spent much time out in room temps? And a soured mash is not a bad thing, did a couple experiments once. Usually you would just sour a small amount and not the whole batch (learned that one...) I found it interesting but an acquired taste.

Latest posts

Back