Deep Dark Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdahl1289

Reaction score
Looking to Bottle my Dunkel weizen soon. just woundering how long i need to keep it in the bottle till I get a good true flavor out of it, and how long can i keep it in the bottle till it looses it true flavors.
Any help you would be great.

Just enjoy the one advantage bottling gives you over kegging.:cross: You can try one without having to chill the rest of the beer. I would venture a guess that it will be best after a month in the bottle.

It will probably take a good 2 weeks at 70 just to carb up and condition and then a few days in the fridge. Mine tastes best at about the 3-4 week mark and I am still drinking my last few bottles going on 4 mos and they still taste great! My brew partner actually just had a bottle from last year's batch (18 months) and it was great!

It's a weizen, so it's going to be best young. As soon as it's carbed, it's done. About 14-21 days to carb then 48 hours in the fridge and they should be as good as they are going to get.

Could not wait, so put two in the fridge friday morning. Sampled it saturday night. Wow it was good. It is getting harder after every batch to move back to buying beer at the store. It had a good carb level too. :)

Latest posts

Back