Debate area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that was a paid member thing.. haven't looked at it... not a paid member either... That's 1 more reason to become a paid member (which I plan to do at some point but leaving it out there past my birthday to give the chance for it to be gifted to me! my birthday is July 29th btw) lol yea.. I'll pay eventually.. I use the site too much not too.

I didn't know that was a paid member thing.. haven't looked at it... not a paid member either... .

That's the beauty of this site. It is run for profit, for sure, but that aspect in not shoved down our throats with ads to pay for membership, and all members are equally welcome. It's a for profit set up with the feel and benefits of a totally free site.

I am not a paying member, but the thread I started was moved to the debate forum so I cant view any of the discussion now. Seems like if the thread is started by a non-paying member then keep it in an open forum at least.

You're not missing much, and if you care that much about it pay the membership fee, go into the Debate Forum, and throw some mud at your fellow HBT members. You'll find out more about your fellow members than you'd like to know and occasionally lose your faith in humanity.

I emailed them about moving my post, and their response was just "Debates belong in the debate area" and sent me a link to sign up for a subscription even though I posted initially in the General Discussion forum. Guess I wont post topics anymore since it isnt worth it.

Your thread turned political very quickly. We don't allow political debate except within the debate forum. So, your thread required either deletion or relocation. I chose the lesser of two evils. Should you choose to continue posting divisive topics, expect similar results. Mostly, we're here to make good beer. RDWHAHB.

If it's a debate it belongs in the debate forum. That's the reason we set it up. We have to limit it to premium to stop the trolling. Sorry.

I have incorporated it into the rule set so there is no question about the legitimacy of posting debate threads in General Chit Chat.

Your thread turned political very quickly. We don't allow political debate except within the debate forum. So, your thread required either deletion or relocation. I chose the lesser of two evils. Should you choose to continue posting divisive topics, expect similar results. Mostly, we're here to make good beer. RDWHAHB.

Thats fine that you want to keep people that dont normally come here from posting, but I would like to at least see the resulting discussion that came out of it since I was the one that contributed the topic......

The debate forum is a strange animal indeed. It's a place where intelligence and wisdom meets head to head with stupidity and ignorance. It turns out that when you mate an idiot with a sage, the offspring is a home brewer! :tank:

Thats fine that you want to keep people that dont normally come here from posting, but I would like to at least see the resulting discussion that came out of it since I was the one that contributed the topic......

well, pay the $25 then.

it's unfortunate when people take general topic threads and add in political stuff, but that's the way it is.

quite honestly I wish the admins would just delete Xpertskir's post and keep it in the open forum. it's an interesting, beer-related discussion.

Back