Deal or No Deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopperfirestarter

Reaction score
So I have an opportunity to pick up these 2 kegs + Co2 tank + regulator and a couple glass carboys and random supplies for $150. Worth it or not? I only want the kegs but they need a deep cleaning and new hoses probably. Deal or No deal? Should I pick up or just hit up kegconnection.com and get a package? Thanks!

keg.jpg

Unless there is a lot of extra stuff I would say not a great deal. For that amount you should get the same with new lines and clean.

If the carboys are glass look at the recent disaster threads! Too dangerous for me!

grasshopperfirestarter said:
So I have an opportunity to pick up these 2 kegs + Co2 tank + regulator and a couple glass carboys and random supplies for $150. Worth it or not? I only want the kegs but they need a deep cleaning and new hoses probably. Deal or No deal? Should I pick up or just hit up kegconnection.com and get a package? Thanks!

Not to bad if you get both kegs 5# tank and manifold+ carboys. Negotiate 100$ cash! Ball locks are getting hard to come by maybe 40 each, 3 way manifold 30$ 2 five gallon glass carboys 30-40. That about 140 right there. Good deal would be no more than 100$

grasshopperfirestarter said:

Oh, and a regulator would be 30$

buzzkill said:
not a great deal,offer 60 bones. reg may not be working,tank out of date. ect

Good point on the tank date good negotiating tool.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and passed. I didnt want all the extra stuff anyway and he wanted me to take a broken fridge off his hands too. Going to invest in a kegging system soon and would rather start a little fresher than this.

Latest posts

Back