Dead Ringer IPA from Norther Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefcurt

Reaction score
I have a gift card to NB and want to try the Dead Ringer IPA. Apparently it's close to Bells Two Hearted. The reviews are good. I just wanted to see if anyone here has tried it and what they thought of it. I did a search but nothing really came up. Also it might have had a different name at one time and Bells made them change it.

Im about to brew a two hearted recipe myself.NB use to be called 3 hearted or something.

I have a gift card to NB and want to try the Dead Ringer IPA. Apparently it's close to Bells Two Hearted. The reviews are good. I just wanted to see if anyone here has tried it and what they thought of it. I did a search but nothing really came up. Also it might have had a different name at one time and Bells made them change it.

I haven't tried it but love Two-Hearted. NB changed the kit name not too long ago so that's probably why there aren't any search results for Dead Ringer.

Here's some info about it using the previous name (three hearted)

Good Luck! :mug:

I made it a few months back and loved it. Even the non-hop lovers in my home brew club liked it. Lots of hop flavor and aroma for a lot less than you could buy the ingredients separately.

This spring I'm going to use it as a base for some single hop variety IPAs.

I have their basic recipe in my primary right now. Too bad I haven't tasted it for a reco yet. I'm using Bells yeast harvested from one of their lower gravity brews. I will be adding the 1 oz of Centennial pellets to dry hop in a hop bag tomorrow afternoon. 7 days later it goes to bottles.

I changed up the hop schedule a tad, but the grain bill is the same as the DeadRinger recipe. They changed the name from Three Hearted to Dead Ringer because of some legal action from Bells Brewing.

Back