Dead Guy Ale and Pacman yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you are saying that it actually looks like you are getting reproduction? Cool. Keep us posted and if you have a nice band of yeast on the bottom, get a picture. It will put a lot of questions about the viability of pacman in bottles of DG..

:mug:

Pacman.jpg

It's still going too! I'll probably try stepping it up again tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Like I said, I'm hoping to use it Monday.

Just stepped up the starter with some more wort (not sure of the total volume used). Like I said before, I'm planning on using this yeast for Monday's brew, so I'll keep you guys updated on how it does. If the fermentation is a success I'm going to wash it and use it again. After that I'll start over again from one bottle and take pictures daily.

I've done this sucessfully with double dead guy and their chipotle ale. start with a tiny mason jar starter, 1.020 gravity with a touch of yeastie food (i use fermax in every starter and batch). eventually step it up usually twice to a 3 liter 1.040 starter. crash cool, decant and pitch fat yeast cake. one week process. very easy

Pitched the starter from the single DGA bottle at 7:30 last night. At 2:30AM there was a small amount of bubbling which is not indicative of fermentation. At 7:30AM there was more vigorous bubbling and some krausen.

Go pacman yeasties, go!!!

Back