De Garde Keeper's Society

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is you need the "trustees" name upfront, you are pretty much signing that person up for the club. You can't switch trustees or name them after the fact. Pretty much you are gifting the Keeper membership to a person with the understanding between you and the trustee that they will ship you the beer.

And to Lurchingbeast, I think so. Since you're able to buy multiple memberships I don't see why that person couldn't sign up for themselves as well.

My understanding is you need the "trustees" name upfront, you are pretty much signing that person up for the club. You can't switch trustees or name them after the fact. Pretty much you are gifting the Keeper membership to a person with the understanding between you and the trustee that they will ship you the beer.

And to Lurchingbeast, I think so. Since you're able to buy multiple memberships I don't see why that person couldn't sign up for themselves as well.

Thanks, much appreciated.

So who wants to trustee for me (if I get in). Will pay in mouth hugs and beer

Any speculation/more reliable information on the prices for the berliner and wild memberships, respectively?

Any speculation/more reliable information on the prices for the berliner and wild memberships, respectively?

Do you need more reliable information than brownpapertickets? The prices have been posted by De Garde. $125 and $155, respectively. Plus web site fees, which are around $12 for both memberships. Been that way since the email came out a couple days ago. I guess there's a chance they could raise prices for the public on Monday, but I doubt it.

No, I'm just slow and didn't even think to look there. Thanks for the info.

Hmm, no prices show up on my event link. Maybe Dale has a pre-keepers login?

I just entered the provided password and was shown both "ticket" options. Now that the password has been changed, seeing prices may not be possible. I haven't tried today. I don't have any special access that other Keepers didn't have.

You
Posted on FB. New members sale goes live at 8am tomorrow. We'll try really hard not to screw it up this time. ;)
You could just do me a favor and sign me up for two Berlinner memberships right now as I'm already a Seattle supporter :)

I think it's safe to assume this is at 8am Pacific? Do we keep watching the Facebook site at that time for a code to enter into brownpapertickets? Or will the brownpapertickets site simply no longer require a code?

8am Pacific is probably a good bet. Yes, you pay right then on brownpaper tickets. Also, make sure to have your trustee lined up at the time as you fill in that persons name at checkout. Probably wont' need a code, I think that was just for the keepers.

Are people actually signing up for one and not the other? Or multiples of one and not the other?

I only signed up for the Wild Ale one, but I'm poor right now, or else would have done the other one as well. Also, might be willing to trustee for Fantomes.

I can trustee. Just ask you have a box ready to send back and forth.

mixed_master7 , especially if you've got some shelf Jai Alai to fill the box with every so often.

I might as well fail at getting into this one too, but if I happen to get lucky I also need a trustee. Anyone else out there who might be able to help?

Thoughts on Berliner vs Wild membership? I have only had one beer from De Garde but thinking about signing up for this (would need a trustee of course).

I would say that the "general" consensus that their best beer was the Lily(a Wild). However, their berliners have been consistently good across the board. But you know, my 2 cents.

I purchased just a single Berliner membership this weekend. The Lily was fantastic so I may regret not getting a Wilds membership but the Berliners have generally been tastier than the wilds

Thanks for the advice. If anyone is available to trustee - please let me know. Would compensate.

I too, skipped on the Wild membership. The fiscally responsible side of me saw the berliner membership being cheaper for the same amount of bottles. Also, at the rate I'm going, I'll probably be at each Keepers party anyway, so I can try them on draft. The bad part is that they have usually been better from the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back