DDT: 8/23 Sunday at the beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never fully understand the 750ml bottled format for regularly released hoppy beers...
They don't have a bottling line. 750s are the easiest to hand bottle.

After talking with a local place that uses mobile canning through (Austin Eastciders), I don't fully understand why they dont go that route. Except for not being able to charge $9-10 bottle. ;) Canning costs them like $1.45/4pack (printed cans, labor, everything). No capital investments.

Last edited:
After a long and thoroughly enjoyable day in the neighborhood...

N4R6kHx.jpg

...this is a pretty mediocre start to the post-family-time evening. Not really dominating anything, even partially.

Drinking a 3-day old Austin shelf turd..

Lone Pint Yellow Rose

I wish these guys would eventually release this in cans. Would buy it a LOT more.

shelf_turd_ferguson would like me to remind everyone that this beer is NOT in fact a shelf turd and in fact usually sells out instantly on Austin shelves and I should not even JOKE about it sitting on shelves.

RAR IPA WALEZ is what I meant.

How is it? Snagged a bottle on Saturday.

Really good, if you like Hanssens OG you'll like this a lot. Acidic/lemony w/ some strawberry and oaky funk and the lack of carbonation makes it a bit more intense. Wish I would have grabbed a second when I was there.

Really good, if you like Hanssens OG you'll like this a lot. Acidic/lemony w/ some strawberry and oaky funk and the lack of carbonation makes it a bit more intense. Wish I would have grabbed a second when I was there.
Hell yeah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back