• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

District of Columbia DC/MD/VA - Gas-Free Electric AG Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripelThreat

Reaction score
Howdy all,

We're moving into a smaller place and it can't come with my! I'm getting rid of my custom all-grain brewing kit along with all the extras. It has everything you need to go from beginner to contest winner! There's a lot here so I'd prefer a local pickup. I have over $1200 just in the major bits, but I'll let all go for $500. Here's a quick run-down of what I'm ditching:

15gal SS 18gu electric brew kettle:
* twin welded bungs
* 6" thermowell
* 1/2" 3pc SS ball valve
* 220v heating element
Igloo Mash Tun
* SS False Bottom
* 1/2" 3pc SS ball valve
Igloo electric HLT:
* 220v heating element
* 1/2" ball valve
~20' 220v extension cable, wired for drier outlet (4-conductor wire so you can swap to any end you need)
Counter-flow chiller - copper tube + garden house with sink attachment.
Glass 6.5g carboy + hauler straps
Plastic 6.5g carboy
Fermentor bucket
5gal ball-lock keg with 5# co2 tank and regulator
Mid-sized chest freezer for cool fermentation or keg chilling
Floor Champagne Corker for strong ales
Hand bottle capper
63-bottle dry rack
Autosiphon, drill aerator, paddle, and other odds/ends.
A few boxes a thick-glass bottles of various sizes, good high gravity bottle fermentation (trips, quads, etc)
Some unopenend packages of bottle caps, corks, etc
5gal SS pot+lid for extract
digital pH and water water hardness meters
hydrometer
lots of various extras

Some details on the electric setup since I know its a bit exotic: first off, you can throw it on a gas burner and it'll work just fine if that's your style. The benefits of electric are cost, no need for exhaust ventilation, less of a fire hazard, better control over temperatures when combined with a temperatures controller, etc. It can bring to a boil much faster than gas and makes holding temp a breeze.

20170513_125611.jpg

20170513_125639.jpg

20170513_131515.jpg

20170513_130615.jpg

20170513_125717.jpg

20170513_125921.jpg

20170513_131358.jpg

20170513_131338.jpg

yup, the whole thing is. I've had a few requests for parts, but i'm hoping to drop the whole lot before splitting it up.

I wouldn't want the whole kit. I would be interested in the mashtun though. Let me know if you decide to split it up. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back