DC Group Buy #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we going to be outside in the parking lot weighing? I can bring a table as well. [...]

Yes please, bring a table.

Yes we will be outside so pray no rain or wind or this could turn into a real cluster :D

You can say that again. ;) Let's keep the beer gods on our side: brew more, brew better! Maybe they'll persuade the weather ones for the cause.

Also I don't need an adapter I found out my son's truck has a dang switch on the dash to turn on the power outlet :D

Very funny! Weren't we looking for something like that?

Thanks to all who pitched in and helped today. Special thanks to Frits, Mr. Splits, the IslandLizard for keeping us all on task and organized! Hope you guys brew some amazing stuff with all the grain we snagged today!! Cheers...

Well done all. Thanks for the coordination Tony and Fritz. This buy setup is a keeper...now, if we can just get 3 Stars to modify their pouring start time to at least 11am. :)

Thanks to Tony and claphamsa for pursuing this new buying route. Definitely a very positive experience hopefully to be repeated.

Also thanks to everyone bringing in weighting equipment, helping with the splits, sorting, dragging sacks out and participating in this bulk buy. Strange as it sounds but very few of us have use for 10 pounds or more of chocolate malt for example. So splitting some of those malts multiple ways all got us what we wanted.

And a big hand for 3 Stars for letting us use their facility and help in obtaining great quality as well as some pretty exclusive grain to perfect our hobby and quest in brewing awesome beers.

I'm going to savor those samples some of you guys brought in. :mug:

I did nothing... but I shall gladly take all the credit!

I even had to tote your grain to you!! At least you served me good brew in exchange...

Also a big shout out to BigBeav as he brought it again with buckets and a little something extra that will make 3 stars brewers happy next time they need to do a starter. You rock, sir!

One final note; I think we collectively dropped a grand on their HBS. Well played sirs! All of you did your part to make this a successful buy. Hope the next goes close to this well. reddskinnfan suggested a hop buy...if there is interest let me know and we might try to set something up.

One final note; I think we collectively dropped a grand on their HBS. Well played sirs! All of you did your part to make this a successful buy. Hope the next goes close to this well. reddskinnfan suggested a hop buy...if there is interest let me know and we might try to set something up.

I did my share of damage, would've bought more had Mike's shipment come in. Don't forget to tip (via homebrew) our host as well. Mike and the 3 Stars gang enjoy a good homebrew as much as the next guy!

Hop buy...Centennial...I'm in for multiple pounds!!

You should ask Mike of he can do something on this front too. He can surely get bulk pricing on these too. Much better than what we could get from Hopsdirect or the like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I did nothing... but I shall gladly take all the credit!

Hah! I'm not giving you ALL the credit, but you and beezbrew initiated the shift to 3 Stars, good idea! Now about the schlepping part... you missed out on collecting points there.

As stonebrewer mentioned already, lots of kudos to BigBeav for bringing in all those nice buckets and other goodies.

Hah! I'm not giving you ALL the credit, but you and beezbrew initiated the shift to 3 Stars, good idea! Now about the schlepping part... you missed out on collecting points there.

As stonebrewer mentioned already, lots of kudos to BigBeav for bringing in all those nice buckets and other goodies.

You guys mean so much to me. I'll dumpster dive for you all anytime.
:D

One man's trash is another man's treasure! Thanks for all you do and for the great brews you share! Bigbeavk has been giving to the community for a long time! I remember stumbling onto his stir plate thread years ago...

I'll ask Mike on the hops. I also think we could get a real deal on 2 row if we could buy one of those big lots, which I think is at least a ton of grain. I believe they already do that for some other folks. Stand by...

Back