DC Area Group Buy #14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pro. Here is what I got:

1# - Hallertau
1# - Magnum
1# - Summit
2# - Mosaic
3/4# - Chinook
3/4# - Sorachi
1/2# - Amarillo
1/2# - Centennial
1/2# - Citra
1/2# - Simcoe
1/2# - Palisade

I know there's more, but that is a quick check against my BeerSmith inventory.

$5 per 1/2# seem reasonable? Will sell the whole lot for $75. That seems fair, not having to pay shipping.

I would like to purchase most, but not all of your hops. Could I buy the following?

1# - Mosaic
3/4# - Chinook
3/4# - Sorachi
1/2# - Amarillo
1/2# - Centennial
1/2# - Citra
1/2# - Simcoe

I think that adds up to $55. Let me know.

Cheers,

Kirk

Okay, here is what I have left, as some have been spoken for.

All are leaf (last years) and price is $10/lb, individually. $60 if you buy the rest:

1# - German Perle
1# - Mt. Hood
1# - US Hallertau
1# - Magnum
1# - US Golding
1# - Belma
1# - Summit
1# - El Dorado
3/4# - CTZ

PM me directly for what you would want. I'll update the post with what's left as they are gobbled up.

Kisejohn has already spoken for these:

1# - Willamette
1# - Nugget
1# - Cascade
3/4# - Sorachi Ace
3/4# - Citra
3/4# - Chinook
1/2# - Simcoe
1/2# - Centennial

is there a big difference between 1850c & 1852c

1850c is the pils, while 1852c is the aforementioned pale ale. 2 row is somewhere between the two, i'm guessing that it's a bit closer to pale ale.

what styles do you intend to brew with it? if typical american stuff - pale ales, IPAs, porters, stouts, etc then the pale ale malt would be best. if you're doing a lot of lagers and european styles, then pils might be the way to go.

1850c is the pils, while 1852c is the aforementioned pale ale. 2 row is somewhere between the two, i'm guessing that it's a bit closer to pale ale.

what styles do you intend to brew with it? if typical american stuff - pale ales, IPAs, porters, stouts, etc then the pale ale malt would be best. if you're doing a lot of lagers and european styles, then pils might be the way to go.

Yes mostly ipa's porter's and pale ales so I confirm a sack of 1852c please

I am interested in 7 Locks. Any day would work for me during the week after work. Was actually thinking of finding time to visit!

I would be up for a visit as well, I might even be able to talk the secret Deerwood crew into it as well. They have two dollars off pints on Wednesday nights if that has any impact on decision making. Also, the taproom is only open until 8 so the visit can't be too late.

Please also put me down for:

5# of the open Chateau Special B split

and I'll start a split of

25# Munton's Pearl (I can take more if this split doesn't close)

I'd like to add the following to my order:

1x BSG 3201D Flaked White Wheat 50 lb

Thanks again!

I'm canceling my order of Crisp MO and instead ordering my normal:

1 X SIM1002 Simpsons Golden Promise 25 kg

and

1X RAH1002 Rahr standard 2row 50lb

My mum died this morning so I'm back to Scotland and probably won't be around to pick up unless it happens after Jan 11...

Steve da Sleeve

Any idea on the time frame for pick up? not in any rush, just curious.

I'll take #15 left and close out the Crisp Crystel Dark 77 split if still available.

I'm getting twitchy, running low and looking forward to getting restocked.

Any idea on the time frame for pick up? not in any rush, just curious.

I have had an email into the 3 Stars guy for several days with no reply. Just sent Mike an email to see what is going on. If I don't hear anything, I am going into DC tomorrow so I may stop over at 3 Stars to find out why they went dark. Could be he just missed the email...

Anyhow, I am thinking either 9 or 16 JAN, if they can support it. Could also try for 2 JAN, but people might still be hungover. :D

Kinda want to end this one soon (next week?) so as to not get into the holidays when people will be hard to contact...stay tuned!!

I have had an email into the 3 Stars guy for several days with no reply. Just sent Mike an email to see what is going on. If I don't hear anything, I am going into DC tomorrow so I may stop over at 3 Stars to find out why they went dark. Could be he just missed the email...

Anyhow, I am thinking either 9 or 16 JAN, if they can support it. Could also try for 2 JAN, but people might still be hungover. :D

Is Mike still with 3 stars? Thought he moved on.

Alrighty then! Just heard back from everyone I deal with at 3 Stars. Those guys ROCK! We are good to go! So we are closing this buy next FRI (18th) at midnight. Please make sure you PayPal me by then. Remember to do the Friends and Family option and do not do the echeck or whatever it is called option as that takes days to clear. Let's close out the remaining splits, or they come off this buy. Still negotiating a pickup date, but as I said above it will likely be 2,9, or 16 JAN. Feedback is appreciated. One week and counting on this buy until we roll to the next buy. Looking forward to seeing all you fine folks in the new year!

T

Getting close, so let's either close these or get them off the books folks! Here is what's left as far as splits:

Available Grain
5 Château Special B 25 Kg (55 lb)
20 Weyermann CARAMUNICH Type 1 25 kg (55 lb)
30 Muntons Pale Pearl 25 kg (55 lb)

Done and done. That leaves 5# of Special B and 10# of CARAMUNICH up for grabs.

I just sent an email to everyone on the buy. Let me know if I missed ya!

(EDIT) Please check the sheets as soon as you can and ensure your orders are correct. I just found where I missed 2 updates and a new order, so please back me up and check that I am getting your order into the spreadsheet, and always double check if you change your order!! Thanks!!

NOTE: I updated the Order sheet to calculate the total you owe, so if you get full sacks and splits, your total is on the Order sheet. If you only have splits, you have been added to the Order sheet and your total it there. Of course, if you order just full sacks, your total is on the Order sheet as well. As I receive payments, I update the Order sheet, so please check there a day or so after you pay to ensure I got it.(/EDIT)

Okay, here is what I have left, as some have been spoken for.

All are leaf (last years) and price is $10/lb, individually. $60 if you buy the rest:

1# - German Perle
1# - Mt. Hood
1# - US Hallertau
1# - Magnum
1# - US Golding
1# - Belma
1# - Summit
1# - El Dorado
3/4# - CTZ

PM me directly for what you would want. I'll update the post with what's left as they are gobbled up.

Kisejohn has already spoken for these:

1# - Willamette
1# - Nugget
1# - Cascade
3/4# - Sorachi Ace
3/4# - Citra
3/4# - Chinook
1/2# - Simcoe
1/2# - Centennial

Still have the below hops available for anyone interested:

1# - German Perle
1# - Mt. Hood
1# - US Hallertau
1# - Magnum
1# - US Golding
1# - Belma
1# - Summit
1# - El Dorado
3/4# - CTZ

$10 per pound, or $60 for them all. These are last years hops. Freezer kept in vacuum sealed bags.

I'd like make one more mod to my order

1 x Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
Also, ill grab the last 5# of special b

put me down for...

1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x 1852C Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale 55 Lb
1 x CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

Back