DC Area Group Buy #11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ ^ ^ ^

There are some mighty great offers on the table to get those 13 sacks distributed and even split.
Anyone who has a stake in it, please respond here ASAP, so Friday evening these few guys can do their magic.

Even if you voiced your preferences above, please reitterate to make them firm. Just read the last dozen or so posts and see if you can take advantage of the moment.

I appreciate everyone's help. I've got 15 vienna and 15 munich and picking up from either mike on the hill or in Crystal city would be easiest for me. I live in Springfield and work at the Navy yard so either would be do-able.
Many thanks,
Michael

I will be there tomorrow around 5:45/6pm...

- is there someone specific I need to talk to?

- I live in Crystal City and can grab 2-3 sacks for other folks...anyone need (as long as you don't mind them sitting in the back of my SUV until you come to get them)?

- I have a small scale and a bunch of grocery bags...I can make some splits if needed, as long as I'm done by 7pm...don't want to mess up the plan, but would like to get my splits on this second trip without making a third.

Thanks

I get off work at about 3:30, can head there from nearabouts the Kennedy Center but have only 1 sack to pick up. If you would like I can pick yours up as well as I am sure the Mark Center area of Alexandria is more convenient for you. Otherwise I would be happy to let you pick mine up for me if you are dead set on heading up there for growler fills, supplies or what not. Just let me know.

I echo the question of if we just go into the HBS part, should we check in with someone in particular, is there something we have to check off pickups for so all is accounted for or what not?

Edit: I drive a Mustang Convertible. Can probably fit a total of 4-6 Sacks total in it so I can pick up about 5 sacks aside from mine if you and @4minmile would prefer I pick it up. I am perfectly happy though to let someone else pick it up. Once again, just let me know which route I should follow.

Guys/Gals,

Whatever we do, we need to iron it out tonight.

Splits are going to be a P.I.T.A!

I highly suggest that if you are willing to go to 3 Stars for whole bags, then do that. We may have to work out the splits over the weekend or the next week.

This was beyond all of ours, and 3 Stars, control. We need to be flexible on this.

We DO NOT want to piss off 3 Stars, as they are our channel for this great buy!!!

Just remember our agreement with 3 Stars, and what we told all of you, was that we would pick up all of the bags. We never set an expectation with them about needing the space for splits. I doubt 3 Stars is going to let us do that there, especially during their tasting hours.

Edit: We also need to ensure that Tony (Stonebrewer) is on board with whatever is decided.

-Mike (Reddskinnfan)

Hey all,

I was in the area so I picked up my sack of Maris Otter tonight. There was a little confusion about where they were at first, but after a little asking around they were found. The sacks were buried on the bottom of a pallet with a bunch of other stuff on top that they had to unload first. I felt a little bad at first, because the didn't seem to be expecting me, but everyone was really nice. They even apologized for the late order, which I told them I was still more than grateful for. I had a four flight sampler and grabbed a bottle of Madness to go while I was there. They make some delicious brews.

Wow if folks are schlepping stuff to Alexandria, my dad would happily pick up from there to save himself a trip all the way in. Otherwise he'll drive to 3 stars and pick up the one bag (as well as anyone else's bag who might live in southern MD).

Sounds like folks are coalescing on Friday after work? Also re-echoing what others have said about logistics for pickup, we'll watch this space for further instructions on that.

I would be happy to pick up my sack of Bo Pils and Maris Otter in either Crystal City or Alexandria. I also have 20# of Munich and Vienna that I would like to grab this weekend as well. I would be willing to go to 3 stars on Saturday morning also to help get everything in one place, I drive a pickup so I should be able to get most everything. I think it would be much easier if we had a single location to head to.

I get off work at about 3:30, can head there from nearabouts the Kennedy Center but have only 1 sack to pick up. If you would like I can pick yours up as well as I am sure the Mark Center area of Alexandria is more convenient for you. Otherwise I would be happy to let you pick mine up for me if you are dead set on heading up there for growler fills, supplies or what not. Just let me know.

I echo the question of if we just go into the HBS part, should we check in with someone in particular, is there something we have to check off pickups for so all is accounted for or what not?

Edit: I drive a Mustang Convertible. Can probably fit a total of 4-6 Sacks total in it so I can pick up about 5 sacks aside from mine if you and @4minmile would prefer I pick it up. I am perfectly happy though to let someone else pick it up. Once again, just let me know which route I should follow.

If we're able to do the splits tonight at 3 Stars, I'll happily drive up myself - and also buy a few 3 Stars products.

If we can't do splits and I'll have to drive to Rockville or elsewhere anyway, then I'll wait and be happy to take you up on your offer.

I'm not looking to piss off anyone at 3 Stars - happy to help get this thing done. I have bags, labels, and scale in my car ready to go. I'm not in a huge rush to get this grain - just want to minimize my weekend trips, help out the group, and not make things hard on 3 Stars...ready to execute as needed.

If we're able to do the splits tonight at 3 Stars, I'll happily drive up myself - and also buy a few 3 Stars products.

If we can't do splits and I'll have to drive to Rockville or elsewhere anyway, then I'll wait and be happy to take you up on your offer.

I'm not looking to piss off anyone at 3 Stars - happy to help get this thing done. I have bags, labels, and scale in my car ready to go. I'm not in a huge rush to get this grain - just want to minimize my weekend trips, help out the group, and not make things hard on 3 Stars...ready to execute as needed.

Well I will admit that I am not all that prepared (equipment or time) to do splits today. Unfortunately my place of employment blocked google drive so I cannot check the splits list to confirm. Do you have part in some of these splits? If so I would be more than happy to take you up on the offer to pick up for me.

Guys/Gals,

Whatever we do, we need to iron it out tonight.

Splits are going to be a P.I.T.A!

I highly suggest that if you are willing to go to 3 Stars for whole bags, then do that. We may have to work out the splits over the weekend or the next week.

This was beyond all of ours, and 3 Stars, control. We need to be flexible on this.

We DO NOT want to piss off 3 Stars, as they are our channel for this great buy!!!

Just remember our agreement with 3 Stars, and what we told all of you, was that we would pick up all of the bags. We never set an expectation with them about needing the space for splits. I doubt 3 Stars is going to let us do that there, especially during their tasting hours.

Edit: We also need to ensure that Tony (Stonebrewer) is on board with whatever is decided.

-Mike (Reddskinnfan)

I agree we need to be courteous to 3 Stars, first of all.

On the other hand, you guys aren't going to split 30-ways. I think there were 4-8 splits people like to take out of the sacks. So if you keep it simple and neat they maybe fine with that. Never hurts to ask first. Don't make a production out of it. One scale and 2 guys should do it.

Our contact at 3 Stars is Mike, who runs the brew store. I suggest our Mike (reddskinnfan) taking the lead, if possible, on this pickup.

I was going to try to summarize the logistics, who takes what for whom, but it's still nebulous, at least to me. I'll try.

Also, emyers has confirmed he wants to sell off his 20# of Munich and 20# of Vienna. There were some of you showing interest. Payment for what you want to take goes to ME (Paypal). I'll reimburse emyers from that.

Here is a quick schedule of the back order.
I'll edit it as I go through the posts and we get more input:

4minmile <== reddskinnfan (Mike) picks up from Tony
Vienna 15
Lt. Munich 15

AfroHopster <== CervezaMaLa picked up at 3 Stars 2/20
Lt. Munich 15

Avocado_Power <== Picked up from sweetcell 2/22
Vienna - whole sack

burning_ties <== CervezaMaLa picked up at 3 Stars 2/20
Lt. Munich 20
Vienna 20
Crisp Finest Maris Otter - whole sack
Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner - whole sack

CervezaMaLa <== CervezaMaLa picked up at 3 Stars 2/20
Lt. Munich 20
Vienna 5
Weyermann Pilsner - whole sack

claphamsa <== pick up at Tony
Lt. Munich 20

DrunkleJon <== CervezaMaLa picked up at 3 Stars 2/20

ErikN <== reddskinnfan (Mike) picks up from Tony
Lt. Munich 10

German_HB <== pick up at Tony or leave for next buy
Vienna 10

gmhowell <== pick up at Tony or leave for next buy
Weyermann Pilsner - whole sack

hannibalmdq <== pick up at Tony or leave for next buy
Lt. Munich 10
Vienna 20

Jeanne <== CervezaMaLa picked up at 3 Stars 2/20
Vienna 30

Kisejohn <== pick up at Tony or leave for next buy
Lt. Munich 15

masonsjax <== reddskinnfan (Mike) picks up from Tony
Lt. Munich 20
Vienna 10

reddskinnfan <== reddskinnfan (Mike) picked up from 3 Stars 2/20

robfar <== pick up at Tony or leave for next buy
Lt. Munich 20

xcdarrel17 <== Was picked up 2/19

=== For Grabs (Pay IslandLizard): ===
Lt. Munich Sold
Vienna Sold

====== Summary ======

=== Who picks up what? ===

CervezaMaLa got from 3 Stars 2/20:
Weyermann Pilsner - whole sack (CervezaMaLa)
Crisp Finest Maris Otter - whole sack (DrunkleJon's)
Crisp Finest Maris Otter - whole sack (burning_ties)
Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner - whole sack (burning_ties)

Weyermann Lt. Munich - whole sack to be split as follows:
Lt. Munich 20 (CervezaMaLa)
Lt. Munich 20 (burning_ties)
Lt. Munich 15 (AfroHopster)

Weyerman Vienna - whole sack to be split as follows:
Vienna 30 (Jeanne)
Vienna 20 (burning_ties)
Vienna 5 (CervezaMaLa) will shoot IslandLizard the $ as soon as he gets home

reddskinnfan (Mike) got from 3 Stars 2/20:
Crisp Finest Maris Otter - whole sack (reddskinnfan)
And dropped off all left over sacks at Tony's (through sweetcell)

=== reddskinnfan (Mike) picks up from Tony: ===
Lt. Munich 20 (masonsjax)
Lt. Munich 15 (4minmile)
Lt. Munich 10 (ErikN)
Vienna 15 (4minmile)
Vienna 10 (masonsjax)

=== These can be picked up at Tony: ===

Whole sack:
Weyermann Pilsner - whole sack (gmhowell)

Splits:
Lt. Munich 20 (robfar's) ==> Next Buy
Lt. Munich 15 (Kisejohn's) ==> Next Buy
Lt. Munich 10 (hannibalmdq)
Lt. Munich 20 (claphamsa)
Vienna 20 (hannibalmdq)
Vienna 10 (German_HB)

These Splits are still for sale, pay IslandLizard:
Lt. Munich Sold
Vienna Sold

let me know im free and off until March 1 and I can pick up whatever, I can take 5 or so more lbs if needed as well.

let me know im free and off until March 1 and I can pick up whatever, I can take 5 or so more lbs if needed as well.

AfroHopster
Lt. Munich 15

masonsjax <== reddskinnfan (Mike) picks up
Lt. Munich 20

AfroHopster - can you pick up tonight at 3 Stars, or want a Crystal City pickup? If reddskinnfan (Mike) agrees, we can split one 55# sack of Light Munich between my 20#, masonsjax's 20# and your 15# and not have an open sack left to move around.

Of course, this is all assuming that we can split this tonight (which I'd be willing to brave the cold and do this split in the back hatch of my SUV to get it done...but not all the splits)...as stated before - don't want to piss off our great 3 Stars partners.

Would someone be able to grab my sacks of Bo Pils and Maris Otter tonight at 3 stars? It would be awesome if someone could grab the 20# of Munich and Vienna as well in the same trip. I can pick up either tomorrow or Sunday. Let me know and I appreciate any help.

Would someone be able to grab my sacks of Bo Pils and Maris Otter tonight at 3 stars? It would be awesome if someone could grab the 20# of Munich and Vienna as well in the same trip. I can pick up either tomorrow or Sunday. Let me know and I appreciate any help.
where are you located? (not that i can help you this time, but it would be useful to know if you're in NoVa, or Frederick, or on the shore, etc...)

All bags that aren't being picked up by, or for, you are being transported to Rockville (Stonebrewer's home). If any splits can be done at 3 Stars, we will try accommodate those who are picking up their own or for others (but we will need scales and bags, both which I don't have with me today). If splits can't done at 3 Stars, which we won't know in advance, people should be prepared to work out splits with those in your area and take that bag with you or to meet later to pick up splits after they can be done in a managed way.

Edit: I will be at 3 Stars around 4pm, and must leave by 5. If your bag needs to be there after that, speak up now so I can ensure it stays behind for you to pick up.

Ok - since Mike has to leave before I can get there, I'm guessing that there won't be many splits tonight.

My plan (unless I hear otherwise) is to pick up the following tonight when I get there:

Whole Sack Weyermann Pilsner (for me)
Whole Sack Crisp Finest Maris Otter (for burning_ties)
Whole Sack Crisp Finest Maris Otter (for DrunkleJon)
Whole Sack Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner (for burning_ties)
Whole Sack Light Munich (20# me, 20# burning_ties, 15#AfroHopster)

This will get a bunch of sacks out of there, but not create any splits at 3 Stars (I can split that Light Munich at my house)

This will all be in Crystal City and/or Pentagon (depending where my car is). I have limited availability to hand it off this weekend, but we will all work something out).

I'd be happy to grab 25# of Vienna (5# me, 20# burning_ties) but understand if there is no way to leave an open bag for me at 3 Stars.

All bags that aren't being picked up by, or for, you are being transported to Rockville (Stonebrewer's home). If any splits can be done at 3 Stars, we will try accommodate those who are picking up their own or for others (but we will need scales and bags, both which I don't have with me today). If splits can't done at 3 Stars, which we won't know in advance, people should be prepared to work out splits with those in your area and take that bag with you or to meet later to pick up splits after they can be done in a managed way.

Edit: I will be at 3 Stars around 4pm, and must leave by 5. If your bag needs to be there after that, speak up now so I can ensure it stays behind for you to pick up.

See the Updated Pick Up Schedule above for details.

Mike, since it looks Cervezamala will arrive after you, and you have no way to leave 25# of Vienna behind, I'd say take the whole sack to Tony. No grain left behind.

So at the moment, here's what you should leave behind for CervezaMaLa to pick up, 5 whole sacks:

Vienna 5 (CervezaMaLa) ??? depending on reddskinfan
Vienna 20 (burning_ties) ??? depending on reddskinfan

To make things potentially easier I'm fine with either reddskinnfan or CervezaLaMa picking up my 15 Munich/15 Vienna and I can arrange offline with either of them to pick up (either the Hill or Crystal City/Pentagon). Of course not having a whole bag makes it a little more complicated so I leave it to someone who has a better handle on it all to do whatever is easiest...I don't need anything this weekend so there is no time crunch for me...

I'm doing my best to get our of the office in time to be at 3 Stars early...if so, I'll be there while Mike is there and we can work out a few things.

To make things potentially easier I'm fine with either reddskinnfan or CervezaLaMa picking up my 15 Munich/15 Vienna and I can arrange offline with either of them to pick up (either the Hill or Crystal City/Pentagon). Of course not having a whole bag makes it a little more complicated so I leave it to someone who has a better handle on it all to do whatever is easiest...I don't need anything this weekend so there is no time crunch for me...

We'll work out this split with the rest, after they get to Stonebrewer's house.

Speaking of which, I need to call him to make sure he is ready for the extras to arrive this afternoon.

I'm confused. I have 30lbs of Vienna and don't understand timeline for pickups. Does it need to picked up today or is the whole bag going to somebody first to be split? I don't know if I can make it over to 3 Stars today. If it needs to be grabbed today, I'm in Falls Church and would appreciate anyone in the DC area getting it for me and I can work out arrangements to get it from them.

AfroHopster - can you pick up tonight at 3 Stars, or want a Crystal City pickup? If reddskinnfan (Mike) agrees, we can split one 55# sack of Light Munich between my 20#, masonsjax's 20# and your 15# and not have an open sack left to move around.

Of course, this is all assuming that we can split this tonight (which I'd be willing to brave the cold and do this split in the back hatch of my SUV to get it done...but not all the splits)...as stated before - don't want to piss off our great 3 Stars partners.

Yes I'm able either place or even tomorrow if it better for you guys

We'll work out this split with the rest, after they get to Stonebrewer's house.

Speaking of which, I need to call him to make sure he is ready for the extras to arrive this afternoon.
stonebrewer is traveling this week and working a ridiculous schedule - so there is a chance that we might not hear from him anytime soon.

if you don't want to surprise mrs. stonebrewer with 200+ pounds of unannounced grain, you could drop them off at my place. i live ~2 miles away from stonebrewer, he can come pick up at his leisure. lemme know if you don't hear from him.

I'm confused. I have 30lbs of Vienna and don't understand timeline for pickups. Does it need to picked up today or is the whole bag going to somebody first to be split? I don't know if I can make it over to 3 Stars today. If it needs to be grabbed today, I'm in Falls Church and would appreciate anyone in the DC area getting it for me and I can work out arrangements to get it from them.

If I can get to 3 Stars in time to coordinate with Mike, and if I can fit it in my car (2-3 sacks has grown to 6!)...I can grab a sack of Vienna to fill the following DC side orders:

30# Jeanne
20# burning_ties
5# Me (CervezaMaLa)

So, I'll get:

Vienna 30 Jeanne
Vienna 20 burning_ties
Vienna 5 CervezaMaLa (I'll shoot Island Lizard the $ as soon as I get home)

6 sacks out of the way and no splits at 3 Stars...I'll be up there in the next hour.

So, I'll get:

Vienna 30 Jeanne
Vienna 20 burning_ties
Vienna 5 CervezaMaLa (I'll shoot Island Lizard the $ as soon as I get home)

6 sacks out of the way and no splits at 3 Stars...I'll be up there in the next hour.

Sweet. I will be there shortly too. Finishing up something at work. 6 bags going your way, and the rest going mine!

stonebrewer is traveling this week and working a ridiculous schedule - so there is a chance that we might not hear from him anytime soon.

if you don't want to surprise mrs. stonebrewer with 200+ pounds of unannounced grain, you could drop them off at my place. i live ~2 miles away from stonebrewer, he can come pick up at his leisure. lemme know if you don't hear from him.

Sweetcell,

Send me a PM with your digits, bro!

Back