Day Out With Thomas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnFrum1978

Reaction score
I don't have the energy to sign up for a parenting forum, so I'll ask you guys.

My kid's a hair over 2. "A Day out with Thomas" is coming nearby next month. My kid loves Thomas the Tank Engine more than anything in life right now. He's dancing to the theme song on a video playing as I type this. He's gone to the extent of forsaking Elmo so he can give Thomas and Friends his full attention.

I'd love to take him, but the tickets are $18 apiece and I'm worried he'll be too young to really get anything out of it. He's not into standing in lines or adhering to structure at this point, if you know what I mean. Then again, I'm worried that he'll grow out of it if I wait a year or two.

Has anyone taken their kid to it? Is 2 too young?

I took my son when he was 5. He had the time of his life but the best part was getting to see his eyes light up when we got there. Two years old may be pushing it but you know he would love it. I would just say "be prepared" when its time to leave! ;)

My daughter is 2 1/2 and took her to see Rio she was great during the movie but didn't want to leave at the end. There were some tots that had no business in there though. No one knows ur kid like u.

take your kid. you know he's gonna love it. just have something to keep him occupied in the lines, snacks, drinks etc.

Tough call, but as cd38 said, you are the only one who really knows your kid. My daughter (now 9) was *really* into Dora the Explorer when she was that age. A local mini golf place had Dora & Boots there taking pics with kids when she was about 3. We stood in line for about an hour and when we got up there, she wouldn't even look at Dora! We have a pic of her with Dora on one side of the frame and her on the other and a huge space between. Of course, I don't regret taking her now because it is a funny little story to embarrass her with...

We took my son when he was 2 and a half last year. It was crazy hot and humid, and though we didn't know it, he was beginning to get sick from the coxsackie virus. He loved it anyway.

He's still completely into Thomas, and we took him again this year two weeks ago. We scheduled our ride for the earliest in the day (also on a Friday), and before the ride the lines for pictures with Thomas and Sir Topham Hatt were pretty much non-existent. After our ride the lines were *much* longer. One thing that's pretty cool about the pictures (at least where we went): They have a professional photographer taking pictures that you can buy afterward, but they also let you take pictures with your own camera from the same location.

Latest posts

Back