Dastardly insensitive airlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickass

Reaction score
Well I’m an idiot, it was all my fault and I have nobody to blame other than this guy (two thumbs pointing at myself)! There was an emergency in the family and I checked into some plane tickets on kayak.com. The web site auto populated the departure air port of Wichita KS, (where I live). I checked ticket prices then logged off. About an hour I went back to kayak.com and bought the tickets I was looking at from earlier. Unannounced to me the web site auto populated tickets from Charlotte North Carolina…yes I bought them without realizing. Long of the short, I’m an idiot but the airlines are dastardly @ssh0les and unwilling to work with individuals. I’m sorry, this is drunken ramblings and there is more to this story than I’ve told. Catch me tomorrow and I’d be more than willing to elaborate.

The bottom line is that that the airline industry is highly inefficient therefore it is the consumer who suffers for their instability!! @#$% I hate dealing with commercial airlines!!!!

Call them back and keep b!tching. When someone tells you they can't do anything ask to talk to a manager. It might just work. I did kind of the same thing except it was a.m/p.m. After enough complaining, and talking to 2 different managers, they finally changed it without having to pay the $100 fee.

Thank you for your money :)

Inefficient? I have worked 5 days this month and will recieve a full paycheck? Ineffiencent? Cmon!

Airlines are managed by flaming idiots. Thier labor forces under the thumb of crooks (unions) locked in a battle to the death.

Welcome to air travel, enjoy your stay, or wherever your travels may take you.:mug:

Call them back and keep b!tching. When someone tells you they can't do anything ask to talk to a manager. It might just work. I did kind of the same thing except it was a.m/p.m. After enough complaining, and talking to 2 different managers, they finally changed it without having to pay the $100 fee.

+1 They will eventually give in. If you can, cry. It helps a lot. My wife had an airline practically giving her tickets once when she called and started crying.

:off:

a bit off topic, but idiotic airline related

I had a business trip to TX in 07 i think, whenever they implemented the must have a passport to enter or exit via air...
anyway my trip was a week long.

i left Canada 2 days BEFORE the hammerfall day need a passport, and returned to Canada 3 days after it... and I didn't have a passport.

so anyhow long story short the lady at Minneapolis/st.Paul questioned me for a while wondering if she was allowed to let me leave the USA without a passport, and called her superior..

after telling him my situation, he laughed and said, "Oh no no no... that law is not for Canadians, just the Mexicans."

he was dead serious. i bit my tongue cause i wanted to leave :)

Back