Dark Lord 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On that note, I'm only bringing packs of Lizard King this year. For shotgunning purposes.

giphy.gif

I'm starting to kick around ideas of what bottles to bring...don't have anything all that great in my beer pile at the moment. Thinking ADWtD b2 and maybe a BT...beyond that, no idea. I guess I could grab some TG IPAs when I'm up in WI in a few weeks. Feeling uninspired.

I'm just gonna fill a camelback with cheap bourbon and call it a day.

From the other site. The bros are moderating less, but the trade boards are still a zone of tolerance, so this passes freely:

Looking to trade my BA Dark Lord Variant right after I get it at DLD for some nice beers. Im in GROUP A so high possibility that i could get any of the variants since im getting into line stupid early.
ISO:
Assassin Gold Wax
Ann (Will Add for this)
Cycle Weekday Set (Monday-Friday)
Derivation 1 or 2
BA Abraxas (Not this year's)
2x SR-71

Will add for an Ann, but not for 2 SR-71s . . . or the whole Cycle set . . . or Derivation. Ok.

Last edited:
From the other site. The bros are moderating less, but the trade boards are still a zone of tolerance, so this passes freely:

Looking to trade my BA Dark Lord Variant right after I get it at DLD for some nice beers. Im in GROUP A so high possibility that i could get any of the variants since im getting into line stupid early.
ISO:
Assassin Gold Wax
Ann (Will Add for this)
Cycle Weekday Set (Monday-Friday)
Derivation 1 or 2
BA Abraxas (Not this year's)
2x SR-71

Will add for an Ann, but not for 2 SR-71s . . . or the whole Cycle set . . . or Derivation. Ok.
You speak as if trade value makes any sense anywhere these days.

Any beer is appreciated. The number one thing that irks me is when people think their beer isn't good enough (not specifically calling you out ChicagoGuy, it happens ALL THE TIME). DLD is great time for newbs and veterans alike regardless of the beer you're bringing. If someone turns down a pour don't take offense to it. Some people use DLD to measure their beer dick and others use it as avenue to share beer and spend time with friends. Sometimes those two overlap and it's great. Just show up with beer and have fun.
Classic TB post, in the best possible way. This is why I once again plan to enter the DLD grounds to get my bottles and use my food/drink tickets, then spend the rest of the time at ye olde compounde sharing beers & being a drunk idiot with all you guys...that's my way of shielding myself from the shitlordery that pervades the beer world.

My thing isn't that I want to have a beer-wang-measuring contest (I would surely lose, because I neither stand in line for releases nor dip my toes into the shady underworld of .rar trading), it's that I love the feeling of bringing something cool and sharing it with friendly & appreciative randos. Last year I cracked open BA Jones Dog and BA Abduction in the bottle allocation line, and everyone around us in the serpentine was super pumped & appreciative to have a taste (one guy joked that I was the first person to ever open them rather than use them as trade bait). This is also why I like participating in the MAW Shelf Turd BIF - it's fun to exceed expectations and crush porches.

Luckily, I didn't encounter a single "everybody got they cups but they ain't chipped in" scenario...the randos that I shared with insisted on sharing cool stuff with me every time we passed each other again...one of the guys dumped 1/3 of a Black Note in my cup, and another guy filled my cup halfway with Supplication. That line is the reason I left the south compound fairly drunk and showed up at the north compound a couple hours later damn near blacked out.

Classic TB post, in the best possible way. This is why I once again plan to enter the DLD grounds to get my bottles and use my food/drink tickets, then spend the rest of the time at ye olde compounde sharing beers & being a drunk idiot with all you guys...that's my way of shielding myself from the shitlordery that pervades the beer world.

My thing isn't that I want to have a beer-wang-measuring contest (I would surely lose, because I neither stand in line for releases nor dip my toes into the shady underworld of .rar trading), it's that I love the feeling of bringing something cool and sharing it with friendly & appreciative randos. Last year I cracked open BA Jones Dog and BA Abduction in the bottle allocation line, and everyone around us in the serpentine was super pumped & appreciative to have a taste (one guy joked that I was the first person to ever open them rather than use them as trade bait). This is also why I like participating in the MAW Shelf Turd BIF - it's fun to exceed expectations and crush porches.

Luckily, I didn't encounter a single "everybody got they cups but they ain't chipped in" scenario...the randos that I shared with insisted on sharing cool stuff with me every time we passed each other again...one of the guys dumped 1/3 of a Black Note in my cup, and another guy filled my cup halfway with Supplication. That line is the reason I left the south compound fairly drunk and showed up at the north compound a couple hours later damn near blacked out.

Truth

Any beer is appreciated. The number one thing that irks me is when people think their beer isn't good enough (not specifically calling you out ChicagoGuy, it happens ALL THE TIME). DLD is great time for newbs and veterans alike regardless of the beer you're bringing. If someone turns down a pour don't take offense to it. Some people use DLD to measure their beer dick and others use it as avenue to share beer and spend time with friends. Sometimes those two overlap and it's great. Just show up with beer and have fun.
I might refuse a pour because I hate beer.

We are currently seeking input on what folks want to see for annual DLD pong this year. Juicy Pong was thrown around, but it will be too 'old' by the time DLD arrives.

I thought that having Yellow Rose pong might be fun. Anyone have a hookup to potentially get 18-24 bottles in mid-April?
I can get you a 12 shipper of yellow rose crowlers no problem if you are still looking, bottles will be next to impossible.

I can get you a 12 shipper of yellow rose crowlers no problem if you are still looking, bottles will be next to impossible.

Appreciate the offer! We're actually covered for this year. We will have a dozen week-old bottles of Yellow Rose at DLD ready to be used for beer pong throughout the day at the Compound. Be sure to stop by!

Appreciate the offer! We're actually covered for this year. We will have a dozen week-old bottles of Yellow Rose at DLD ready to be used for beer pong throughout the day at the Compound. Be sure to stop by!

But, y'know, if you want to just bring 12 crowlers of Yellow Rose to DLD and pour them directly into my mouth, I would be okay with that too.

yikes, the hotel situation. anyone know if there are waitlists at the Hampton/the marriotts? never had a problem getting one of the Marriott locations this far out before :-/

also, has anyone uber'd to/from DLD before - what's it like? (also, ugh, particularly late - grp E this yr...)

yikes, the hotel situation. anyone know if there are waitlists at the Hampton/the marriotts? never had a problem getting one of the Marriott locations this far out before :-/

also, has anyone uber'd to/from DLD before - what's it like? (also, ugh, particularly late - grp E this yr...)
I was able to get a Hampton Inn Muenster room the week or so before DLD by just jumping on their website. Maybe people that didn't get tickets will start cancelling soon.

Actually, Uber only started in Indiana in May 2015, after their governer signed a bill legalizing ridesharing. Uber's fare estimate says $50-75 to take an UberX from FFF to downtown Chicago, though I'm sure surge pricing will be in full effect for rides originating from Munster, IN on DLD.

Actually, Uber only started in Indiana in May 2015, after their governer signed a bill legalizing ridesharing. Uber's fare estimate says $50-75 to take an UberX from FFF to downtown Chicago, though I'm sure surge pricing will be in full effect for rides originating from Munster, IN on DLD.
**** man, there's a business opportunity for a young single person... Travel around to beer festivals and Uber for people. Don't get to enjoy the event but probably make mad cash, and a nice bottle or two.

**** man, there's a business opportunity for a young single person... Travel around to beer festivals and Uber for people. Don't get to enjoy the event but probably make mad cash, and a nice bottle or two.
****, I might do this for the last part of DLD. Sober up, start a mini shuttle to and fro that ends at the Hampton Inn. Hmmmmm

Das it Treebz

Back