Damn!! What a nice day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlinowl

Reaction score
Well, this afternoon, I called about my drug test that I took for my upcoming new job. Seems that the turkey day holidays have slowed it down, but they are expecting the results tomorrow. I've pretty much gotten the job, based on the results of my pee test,which should be fine, didn't drink for the 3 weeks prior to the test (why it took so long???) and I don't do anything else. Job won't pay as much as my previous employement working on commercial A/C and refrigeration, but I won't be on call at all, wife has a new job, and between the two of us, we should be ok. Got enough in the bank to cover expenses through next month. Since the new housing market tanked here, A/C guys are a dime a dozen.

So, since I've got the day off, and things are looking pretty good, I decided to go out in the backyard and sit outside. Overcast day, not hot like usual for southeastern Florida. Been nursing a homebrew brown ale high, eatin' salted peanuts. Put some on the fence for the squirells, watchin' them come and get 'em. Sometimes the dogs'll spot them on the fence and give chase.

Gawd, they better hire me soon.... What do they call it? "Living the lifestyle you're accustomed to"? I could get used to this pretty damn quick.

Allan

Good luck on that! I know the feeling, my job was eliminated and it was about 1 month til I started my new one. Got a decent severance package, so the month was like a vacation(except for job hunting lol).

Being back to it isn't easy after a month of relaxation.

Back