Damn German Engineering. . . Coupler Q's.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad coffee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A friend is having an O-fest party and I offered the use of my kegerator. She's getting a keg of Spaten, so I need a Type A coupler. I've been looking and I can't seem to find one under $50, but there's a BUNCH of type D (American) couplers for $30. What gives? Are type A's used that much less?

So where's the cheapest place to get a type A coupler?

Also, how would you go about hooking it up to your ball-lock lines? would you get a ball-lock conversion kit, or just go with MFL connections and change your lines. (PS, my lines all have barbed disconnects right now.)

Thanks in advance. I've got about three weeks to make this happen.

Cheers,
B

I have one of the conversion kits on my one kegger. Makes it easy to go from ball lock to commercial tap in a couple of seconds. Yeah, Sanke D are cheap because almost every beer in the states uses them. But, when you go to Europe taps, your gonna pay top dollar. Try ebay or better yet, check to see if the liqour store your buying the keg from will let you 'rent' or borrow a tap. (Mine does and carries most of them because they have a small bar in the back). Especially if it's only for a party that would be the way to go. If not, you'll end up like me, with a collection of different taps.

Latest posts

Back