damaged "quad ring" seal on Taprite regulator....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_57401

Reaction score
Hello.

A month ago, I had about 5# CO2 in my 10# tank. Yesterday, I arrived home from a trip, and found my gauge at zero. Bummer. Anyway, when I removed the regulator, I saw the oring had been damaged. This is a square cut oring that sits in a groove on the face of the Taprite regulator, thus forming a seal with the valve on the tank.

I don't have replacement part available locally, so will have to order a replacement.

I picked up a flat nylon washer when picking up gas today, and am thinking of using it instead of the seal. Anyone do that? Alternatively, maybe I can find a <somewhat close> fitting oring to substitute.

McMaster-Carr part #4061t157 is the replacement O-ring sold in 100 pack.

Square-Profile Oil-Resistant Buna-N O-Ring
3/32 Fractional Width, Dash Number 111

That is helpful. I've seen the part in question for sale per each, from AIH and other sites.

The 111 dash size is the same as the keg post orings, per my notes. I don't have any square profile on hand, however. Maybe the round profile can work in a pinch.

I'm still curious if anyone has tried the flat nylon washer or a keg post oring, instead of the proper square profile oring.

I put a keg post oring in mine about 4 months ago, and intended to replace it with the real thing at a later date. It has been rock solid, no leaks at all. I'm just going to leave it there.

Thanks Garry. I removed the original and installed a keg post oring, and then reinstalled the keeper with an Allen wrench. It sounded good: no leak that I could hear.

I'll probably order a bunch of replacements to have on hand.

Back