Damaged Goods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
I received one of my Blichmann 15g pots the other day, and it has a sizable dent in the side, near the bottom. Have any of you ran into this, if so what steps did you take? I contacted the vendor via email. Do they typically send you out a new product, offer money off, or say Yunk Fou? The other pots look spectacular, and from what I've seen, it would take quite a blow to put a noticeable dent in them.

Like SWMBO said (who bought them for me) "were talking about a pot, that is used for brewing, not a beauty pageant, nor rocket chemistry, however we are talking about paying $400+ for a pot..." So I included that into my email. It wouldn't normally bother me, but this is going to me my HLT, and the dent will be at eye level facing me, taunting me every time I brew. :mug:

I'd have the vendor issue a call tag and ship a replacement. Let them and the shipping company hash it out. You've paid a lot of money to receive a pot in new condition.

Or, you and the vendor can work out a reasonable deduction as a compensating difference for the pot being damaged.

those would be my proposals.

You wouldn't by a $400+ blue ray player or television with damage on it ? Tell the vendor this is there problem not yours and get a replacement. As far as beauty is concerned hell yes you want it pristine this is your brewhouse we are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

You wouldn't by a $400+ blue ray player or television with damage on it ? Tell the vendor this is there problem not yours and get a replacement. As far as beauty is concerned hell yes you want it pristine this is your brewhouse we are talking about.

Agreed. Hopefully I will hear back from them today. They have been awesome through the whole buying experience. Basically had SWMBO call, knowing nothing about what I wanted, and the order is perfect. Minus the dent.

Deuce said:
Agreed. Hopefully I will hear back from them today. They have been awesome through the whole buying experience. Basically had SWMBO call, knowing nothing about what I wanted, and the order is perfect. Minus the dent.

I work for a wholesaler as well and problems do arise on occasion. Let's face it ups and fedex are not really gentle with packages and warehouse damage does occur. What separates a great supplier from the competition is how they handle these problems with excellent customer service. Good luck.

It's a shipping issue. They should send out a new kettle ASAP and file a claim with the trained monkeys at FedEx to recoup their loss.

-Ben

I contacted the folks at Rebel brewing, whom I bought the pot from, and they said they had already contacted Blichmann and the shipping company. I should be expecting a new pot delivered to my door within a week, as well as paid postage back for the damaged one. Kudos to them!

I think on the box when it ships from blichmann it actually has a sticker saying to carefully examine upon receipt and notify them of any damage within 7 days of receipt for instances like this

Latest posts

Back