Custom Tilt Integration (Feedback Reqeust)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Tilt V3 from eBay for $135.00 (with tax $143.10) and while I waited for it to arrive, I built out a custom integration and web interface to view a fermentation rate and temperature chart in. Here is a link to the web interface and integration: https://tinyurl.com/yapntawv

I wanted to share with the community and get any feedback! The data currently being shown was captured via the Tilt Google Spreadsheet integration but is obviously not from a real batch of beer. Instead, I just threw some sugar water into a vessel with the Tilt, adjusted the temperature a few times, and added some fresh water to bring the gravity down just to capture some real-time data. I will be brewing Memorial Day weekend and plan to use it as the real deal then.

Feel free to let me know any features or metrics I should possibly add. 🍻

Here is a screenshot of the interface and application:

brew_stats.png

Last edited:
I just started a new log for a German Hefeweizen and will be logging the fermentation for the next few weeks. Stay tuned and check out the link for fermentation updates. :mug:

I decided to add a new page with all the brews that have been previously monitored and also brews currently being monitored. I only monitor (or ferment) one beer at a time with the TILT device (since I only have one and a small fermentation chamber).

This link will navigate users to the "current" fermenting brew.
This link will allow users to view all previous brews (in a table format). The very first brew is the "currently" fermenting beer with the TILT device. This table will grow as I track more brews with the TILT device.

Here is the typical interface to view all the stats for a brew that a user navigates to.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 9.28.21 AM.png

Here is the list of all the brews (including current and previous brews) that have been monitored with my TILT device.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 9.28.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Added some cool features (links to photo album) and changed the layout to be a little more aesthetically pleasing. Now you can access images by either clicking on the thumbnail picture or from the table of all the previous brews. :mug:

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 2.58.12 PM.png

The Saison finished fermenting and I decided to brewed Mexican Lager today. 3 brews in 3 weeks! I am still using the TILT device integrated into my personal website to track the fermentation of this brew and other previous brews; updating the integration application I as I brew more and add more features. I am using this thread as a continuous log of the beers I am brewing and will keep it updated as I brew more and use the TILT device to capture fermentation lifecycles. Here is a link to the Mexican Lager I brewed today. :mug:

Here is a link to all the other brews that will continuously be updated as I brew more. Cheers.

- Brock

The Saison finished fermenting and I decided to brewed Mexican Lager today. 3 brews in 3 weeks! I am still using the TILT device integrated into my personal website to track the fermentation of this brew and other previous brews; updating the integration application I as I brew more and add more features. I am using this thread as a continuous log of the beers I am brewing and will keep it updated as I brew more and use the TILT device to capture fermentation lifecycles. Here is a link to the Mexican Lager I brewed today. :mug:

Here is a link to all the other brews that will continuously be updated as I brew more. Cheers.

- Brock

Nice work as I like the layout! I use the Tilt integration that is in BrewFather.

Happy brewing!

Nice work as I like the layout! I use the Tilt integration that is in BrewFather.

Happy brewing!

Nice! There are countless brewing software integrations the TILT works with - I just wanted a bit more control over layout and metrics captured, plus it's a combination of two things I love, brewing and software design. Also, some of the brewing software out there charges more for TILT integration, so why not integrate it myself đź‘Ť.

Thanks again and happy brewing!

P.S. I am a paid member of BrewersFreind and love their software. Keep up the good work. I just wanted to integrate the device myself and have some fun.

Last edited:
Well... The Mexican Lager finish fermenting and I decided to brew a Belgian Triple today. The OG did not finish as high as planned so it's going to be something closer to a Belgian Double. Here are the brew stats for it!

First, I'd like to say I'm enjoying seeing the formatted Tilt data.

Second, if you attempted a typical Belgian Tripel, but the OG came in at 1.065, what you'll end up with will probably be more or less a Belgian Blond, rather than a Dubbel. A Dubbel is a very different animal.

First, I'd like to say I'm enjoying seeing the formatted Tilt data.

Second, if you attempted a typical Belgian Tripel, but the OG came in at 1.065, what you'll end up with will probably be more or less a Belgian Blond, rather than a Dubbel. A Dubbel is a very different animal.
Yes, my mistake. That sounds right, it will probably turn out more like a Belgian Blonde. Will keep stats and pictures updated.
Cheers

Yes, my mistake. That sounds right, it will probably turn out more like a Belgian Blonde. Will keep stats and pictures updated.
Cheers

Here are the final results for the Belgian Tripel. The attenuation was really great so I think 8% can classify this beer as a triple?.
You can see all the Brew Stats here!

Total Days Primary Fermentor: 8 days
Secondary Length: 6 weeks

Fermentation Temperature: 68° F
Final Gravity: 1.004
Original Gravity: 1.065
Fermentation Temperature: 68° F
Final Gravity: 1.004
Final ABV: 8.01%
Apparent Attenuation: 93.85%

P1130444.JPG

Here are a bunch more pictures as well: Belgian Triple (id #0005)

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpeg
    IMG_1591.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 7.11.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 7.11.47 PM.png
    779.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 7.11.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 7.11.27 PM.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 13
Back