Custom Size Fermenting Bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildHopHunter

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - I just bought a used mini-fridge to control fermentation temperature. My normal 12" diameter 5 gallon fermentation bucket will only fit in the fridge if I rest 1/2 of the bucket on the "compressor" shelf while supporting the other half by placing a brick on the floor of the fridge. This works ok but the airlock is hitting the built in freezer. Things would fit better if I removed the freezer and pulled the molded plastic off of the door. I was hoping not to have to do this.

Does anybody know if they make fermentation buckets in custom sizes? I am looking for a bucket that is skinny & tall kind of like a Corny keg. This would allow me to place the bucket on the fridge floor and still enable me to close the door.

Thanks.

Years back we had kicked around PVC pipe with end-caps and reliefs machined in for o-rings.

I don't think anyone ever tried it, but it seemed to get a good reception as an idea.

Get a few spundling valves (spelling) and you can use the cornys AS your fermentors. Should be able to get a few in your fridge.

Back