Custom kegerator Install – ideas please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddy4DSM

Reaction score
I’m looking to build my first kegerater in my garage and wanted to get some opinions from you professionals. First off, I’d really like to put a tap tower on this built-in bench that’s in the garage. I won’t ever use all the counter space so I figured I can utilize it and make a very clean installation by putting the refrigeration under the counter. Second, I’d like to be able to accommodate at least 2 beers (I don’t brew my own, just want to have a good beer and a more basic beer for those who aren’t into crafts). Other fancy details are on hold at this point (Temp displays, lights, etc.) and I just need to get the basics going.

I’ve looked into the dorm fridges, but I think I’d only be able to fit one of the skinny kegs in there comfortably. Would running 2 of them make any sense or would the extra cost of two of everything just be a waste of money? I’ve also looked into the chest type freezers for more size, but with the tower setup I don’t think a top access unit would be the best idea.

The backup plan would just be going with a basic fridge (where the dorm fridge is in this picture) but I just think a tower setup would be so much cooler! Any suggestions you guys have into how to make this happen, I’m all ears!

I can't stop thinking this is the only thing that could possibly fit your space.

Kegerator.jpg

Depending on your skillset (judging by the nice garage and toolcase I'd say you have that covered) you could easily build a kegerator into your workbench there. Add some plywood and insulation to turn the open bottom area into a cabinet, and incorporate some fridge guts or a window AC unit.

Latest posts

Back