CuS.S. stage one triple coil DIY kit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuS.S. Brewing Equipment

Bender of copper
Reaction score
The CuS.S. Brewing stage one DIY kit is now available! $29.95, including shipping, for everything that you need to connect your 3 coils of 3/8" O.D. copper tubing into a single inlet and a single outlet. Check it out on our site!CuS.S. stage one DIY kit.jpg

Last edited:
Pic of it actually being used? Don’t follow your description.

Edit: i see now. Is 3 coils a thing? Never knew that.

Last edited:
Pic of it actually being used? Don’t follow your description.

Edit: i see now. Is 3 coils a thing? Never knew that.

The 3 coils is still a newer idea. I have been designing and manufacturing them for about 6 or so years now (first at JaDeD and now with CuS.S.). A single 3/8" 25' chiller has better chilling water efficiency (not faster, just uses less water) than a 50' 1/2" chiller. So with the 3 25' 3/8" coils, you are able to use the more efficient 3/8" size and increase the chilling water flow rate, which makes for a very fast immersion chiller. If you use it properly (feed it 6GPM from a garden hose spigot, stir or agitate the chiller the whole time during chilling), you can chill 5 gallons of wort to 10F above your tap water temp in 3 minutes. It is a little slower than a large plate chiller, but it is easier to clean.

Back