Curiouse about a 2012 Chimay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passing through

Reaction score
Hello,

Names James. I have a large bottle of blue label Chimay from 2012. Is it still good? And when I open it, how could I tell if it's going to give me bubble guts. Lol.

I joined for this specific reason. Can't find many other forums with a chance to ask questions.

Which thread should I post this question in?

If it has become infected when you open it most of the beer will end up on the floor.
If it's not been kept in the hot sun as it's a strong beer it should be fine.
Chill it down to NO less than 10 celsius and serve it in a chalice glass or two if you have them.

Very unlikely to to upset your guts unless you drink the dregs, but even then I'd say low risk.

It may have oxidised through the cork in that time and then you might find it tastes overly sweet or cardboardy. Won't do you any harm but you'll be disappointed. I've opened bottles of beer ( barley wine ) that are 20 plus years old and although a little flat they had flavour and no harm done.

Will await your tasting notes.

Too cold will ruin it.

Back