Cured Egg Yolks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't have a chance to try this this weekend (or maybe i will... with one yolk)... So please post pictures soon!

Four days.
Whisk salt and sugar in a medium bowl to combine. Evenly spread out half of salt mixture in an 8x8" glass baking dish. Using the back of a tablespoon, create 4 depressions in salt mixture, spacing evenly. Carefully place an egg yolk in each depression. Gently sprinkle remaining salt mixture over yolks and tightly wrap dish with plastic. Chill 4 days.

Has anyone tried it? I just read the following article and it's tempting to try...
http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/cured-egg-yolk?mbid=social_facebook

Sometimes being a food fanatic and having a keen interest in all things food related is a curse. Love it or hate it i'm going to try it.

Sounds interesting & quite possibly tasty. Sounds like it might be a bit salty though. I'd certainly taste it, depending on the reports from you & Creamy, I might actually try making it. The egg brulee looks really good too, that's something I can easily do & most likely will at some point; I have a different mission for eggs this weekend.
Regards, GF.

Back