CT Brewers Check-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all! Brewer for 9 years over here north of Waterbury with a 30 gallon brew capacity! Just got on this forum awhile back! Great to meet others in the local area!

I'm in Stamford and usually go to Maltose or Halftime in Mamaroneck. It's about half the distance to Maltose and they're open on Sundays in case you can't make it to Maltose during the week or on a Saturday. Let me know if you want the guy's name/contact info who orders all of the homebrew equipment and ingredients, he's very accommodating.
Never heard of Halftime...Thanks!

Hey all, I've been brewing on and off for about 2 years now. I'm starting to get back into the hobby after moving back to CT from FL, I live in Southington now and I'm hoping to get to know some local home brewers and maybe do some beer swaps. Also If anyone has some extra rhizomes I'd be interested. My chinook did not survive the winter. Thanks!

Hey all, I've been brewing on and off for about 2 years now. I'm starting to get back into the hobby after moving back to CT from FL, I live in Southington now and I'm hoping to get to know some local home brewers and maybe do some beer swaps. Also If anyone has some extra rhizomes I'd be interested. My chinook did not survive the winter. Thanks!
Im over in Oakville area, Southington isnt too far from me!

Hello CT crew, I am very new to brewing and I wouldn't mind finding some local brewers who are about to start a new batch so I can watch and learn... I'm located in the S.Windsor area, i'm looking forward to meeting local brewers.

Hello CT crew, I am very new to brewing and I wouldn't mind finding some local brewers who are about to start a new batch so I can watch and learn... I'm located in the S.Windsor area, i'm looking forward to meeting local brewers.

Welcome! I am in South Windsor as well. I haven't been brewing much lately due to a new infant in the house but I'll try to keep you in mind the next time I plan a brew day...I tent to brew at odd hours, either very early or late at night, to work around the kids schedules. If nothing else I'm always up for beer swaps.

Welcome! I am in South Windsor as well. I haven't been brewing much lately due to a new infant in the house but I'll try to keep you in mind the next time I plan a brew day...I tent to brew at odd hours, either very early or late at night, to work around the kids schedules. If nothing else I'm always up for beer swaps.

Well, unless I buy the beer I won't be able to do any swapping right now lol. I'm good for odd hours when you are.. and big congrats on the new addition to the family.

Welcome to the neighborhood! I am in South Windsor as well - Auger (Matt) above and I are actually doing a beer swap this weekend as I brew a Stout. If you're interested in checking out what a bunch of local home brewers have to offer you should attend the Homebrew Showcase for all our Kids at Paddy's Irish pub in Springfield, MA on 8/4 (https://www.facebook.com/events/2072890989635224/). I'll be pouring there alongside 15 other home brewers (I'm Fictional Brewing Company if you want to visit my booth at the event - you can check out my Facebook page as well).

Also, if you're looking to get into all grain brewing I am selling my gravity system if you're interested since I went all electric.

BeerMaverick,

I was SO hyped until I saw the date :( I will bein Georiga until the 6th. Do keep me posted on things you guys are doing anything locally. About your gravity system, I will not be able to bring that with me when I move back to the south. BUT! I would be more than happy to buy ingredients for a brew day..

Hey guys - Naugatuck/Southbury brewer here. Wondering if anyone has any ball lock kegs you're looking to sell?

Last edited:
I am in Stamford I have a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore and would be willing to part with
ball lock kegs
full electric setup
ss counter flow chiller etc.

if there is interest I can make a list

I know, I FB him like 5x, and he wasn't sure how many were accounted for, asked me to keep checking in and then never responded...

You're Brew Haven Admin, right?

That's strange...when I messaged him he wrote back almost immediately.

No, I'm not a brew haven admin...too lazy to join any homebrew clubs!

That's strange...when I messaged him he wrote back almost immediately.

No, I'm not a brew haven admin...too lazy to join any homebrew clubs!
Well, he messaged me back the same day saying he wasn't sure how many he had left. Told me to check in again over the weekend, which I did. Still wasn't sure, said check back in, and then nothing since. Probably sold them all, but a definitive answer would have been cool. Or at least take them down off the marketplace...

Just moved to CT last year from florida , my wife is from here , southington, and we just bought a home in cromwell right by the river!

i work in stamford and my union hall is in new york im all over the place and see tons of breweries up here. its not like florida theres not near as many.

also a sheet metal worker and welder if anyone ever needs anything of that sort

Last edited:
Just moved to CT last year from florida , my wife is from here , southington, and we just bought a home in cromwell right by the river!

i work in stamford and my union hall is in new york im all over the place and see tons of breweries up here. its not like florida theres not near as many.

also a sheet metal worker and welder if anyone ever needs anything of that sort
I've worked in Southington for the past 20 years. Nice spot. Kinsmen, Witch Doctor and Relic all within a small radius. 5 Churches and Alvarium in hard hittin New Britain :D

a
I've worked in Southington for the past 20 years. Nice spot. Kinsmen, Witch Doctor and Relic all within a small radius. 5 Churches and Alvarium in hard hittin New Britain :D

alvarium is the tits , ive heard new park in west hartford is good

a

alvarium is the tits , ive heard new park in west hartford is good
New Park is very good too. Problem is they are small, and in a very populated area, so it can sometimes be a pain in the butt to get served. And they sell out of can releases almost immediately. Best beer around is Lasting Brass in Oakville.

A bit hard to tell but what I have open is written on top of my keezer.

You can follow my open taplist at this link. Looks great on the Firestick TV behind the bar!

https://taplist.io/taplist-310786
20181230_131417.jpeg
6Ryh5Pr-_400x400.jpeg
tapatalk_1525230767894.jpeg

Holy keezer Batman. I have trouble drinking the 4 taps I have. Cheers
I know many alcoholic friends, and would love to start or join a brew club. Wife and I throw a nice BBQ around the 4th of July, we joke the popular beers ciders wine have more sweat (condensation) on the faucets.

If 3 gallon kegs were significantly cheaper than 5 gallons I'd do that, but they are equally priced in my travels.

At any time I got 6-8 taps open. Plenty of man nights and weekend get togethers help keep them moving.

I dont drink alone thats for sure!

I know many alcoholic friends, and would love to start or join a brew club. Wife and I throw a nice BBQ around the 4th of July, we joke the popular beers ciders wine have more sweat (condensation) on the faucets.

If 3 gallon kegs were significantly cheaper than 5 gallons I'd do that, but they are equally priced in my travels.

At any time I got 6-8 taps open. Plenty of man nights and weekend get togethers help keep them moving.

I dont drink alone thats for sure!
Haha nice brew on and again sweet keezer

16 faucets... can you fit 16 kegs in that thing? I have 4 taps and it can just barely fit 5 kegs.

16 faucets... can you fit 16 kegs in that thing? I have 4 taps and it can just barely fit 5 kegs.
When I did out the spacing for the 5-gallon Coca-Cola kegs which tend to be fatter than the Italy made ones, 12 on the bottom and 2 kegs on the compressor shelf. The remaining 2 taps I was planning on getting 1.75 gallon kegs for experimental small batch brews. Obviously there would be Taps as well for Gatorade water soda things of that nature. The collar is a 2 x 10 in which gives me just enough space to put a short keg like the 1.75 ones.

Originally I was only going to get a 14 tap drip tray but the cost between a 14 tap and a 16 tap was exactly the same price, the spacing was just a little bit tighter and I figured what the hell.

Glass rinser

Instead of the straight barb i went with a 90 degree barb for the glass rinser
1543351904__20181127_121359__original.jpg

You can see the build here. There are 3 parts. Mostly boring, but you get the idea

And my review of the drip tray here

https://www.acumetalfab.com/products/48-inch-stainless-steel-wall-mount-with-rinser-16-faucet

Finally I have a Jockey box with a similar setup.

Last edited:
Hey guys I have been out of the home-brewing scene for almost the last two years due to two small children and life just being too hectic. I have recently gotten the itch again and I'm now ready to go all in on home-brewing again. Wrapped up my first brew day in a while yesterday with a roasted coconut porter I love to make. Would love to meet up with anyone in the area. I live in Ridgefield (3 years), actually around the corner from Nod Hill.

Hey guys I have been out of the home-brewing scene for almost the last two years due to two small children and life just being too hectic. I have recently gotten the itch again and I'm now ready to go all in on home-brewing again. Wrapped up my first brew day in a while yesterday with a roasted coconut porter I love to make. Would love to meet up with anyone in the area. I live in Ridgefield (3 years), actually around the corner from Nod Hill.
I moved from CT a couple of years ago, and miss going to Maltose not too far from where you’re at.

Back