Quantcast

CT Brewers Check-In

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

sebastienzeman18

The ShortCanadian
Reaction score
I'm in Northern Fairfield County, Newtown to be exact. Moved from Danbury about a year and a half ago.
Oh that's great. A bit of a hike for me but I would love to brew together at some point. Do you know of any brewer's clubs in the area?

Sammy86

Still thirsty
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh that's great. A bit of a hike for me but I would love to brew together at some point. Do you know of any brewer's clubs in the area?
According to the AHA there are a bunch of HBC's but they are all over the place see the pics below...I know a bunch on the NY side as well. I'm more of a lone brewer...I have three kids (4 yo and twin 1 yos) so it's difficult for me to carve out time...especially with me finishing my second masters and work (I'm a MS teacher and Varsity baseball coach).

Once the pandemic gets under control though would be up for some group brewing...I've got a bunch of friends who have asked to come by for a brew day so when that comes if you're still hanging around here you are more than welcome if you want to hike!

Attachments

sebastienzeman18

The ShortCanadian
Reaction score
According to the AHA there are a bunch of HBC's but they are all over the place see the pics below...I know a bunch on the NY side as well. I'm more of a lone brewer...I have three kids (4 yo and twin 1 yos) so it's difficult for me to carve out time...especially with me finishing my second masters and work (I'm a MS teacher and Varsity baseball coach).

Once the pandemic gets under control though would be up for some group brewing...I've got a bunch of friends who have asked to come by for a brew day so when that comes if you're still hanging around here you are more than welcome if you want to hike!
Thanks for those. Ill reach out to them.

Hopefully the pandemic is under control by summertime. I am actually in the Montreal area until summer finishing my university studies so I wouldn't be back till then earliest, but if you do ever end up having a group brew shoot me a message. Always great to share some brews with fellow HB and bounce some ideas off each other.

BeerBaron1985

The Beer Baron
Reaction score
Hello from Harwinton! Just bottled a 2 gallon batch of Bourbon Barrel porter, have a one gallon batch of Dry Stout in the fermenter.

That sounds delicious! Greetings just south of you in Oakville! I have a Bourbon barrel Porter as well with Jim beam in it and an imperial stout clocking in at 10.4% on nitro. I also did a raspberry imperial Stout with 4 lb of raspberries but a slightly different malt mix than the other Stout. Cheers buddy!

Sammy86

Still thirsty
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone in the Fairfield area know if Hocon is still swapping out CO2? I know there was talk of a shortage. I have one empty and approximately half a tank left.

Edit: Called myself and found out they are working as normal...swapped my two ten pound cylinders for $45

Last edited: