CT Brewers Check-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool. I'd definitely be interested in seeing what's going on locally. I should be moving up there next month from south of Hartford.

I've been away from the forums for a while. Seems like things have quieted down quite a bit from the looks of things though. I guess all those micro brews have people not wanting to brew anymore. No Articles since 2018 and only 1 Giveaway in last 13 months.

Any homebrew groups in the Enfield/Windsor area?

Hi from Rocky Hill what's everyone drinking I've got on tap a red milk pumpkin with ginger snaps and a blood orange larger

Hope everyone is doing well in these weird times. I'm in Naugatuck and always willing to trade. Let me know if anyone is down!

I live here in Oakville just north of Waterbury. I call my ops Beer Baron Brewing. Not brewing anything new for the moment. Had to dump my NEIPA as we haven't been able to drink it fast enough, the remainder of the beers are all stouts, porters and ciders, good for aging. Not to worry, the NEIPA will be the beer I brew first after the hiatus.

Focus has been to get the basement finished, new walls, insulation going up, paneling, planning for a drop ceiling and area carpeting for the arcade area. Installed a stainless vent hood, wired in a new 240V line for brewing & heat during the winter. New electrical run for the arcade, pinballs. Bar prep sink installed with self contained plumbing. Finished building my auto liquor dispenser from scratch, and to add to the whole speakeasy experience I have a few surprises I'll be revealing on my build thread soon. I'm grateful to report...all this work is with the support and approval from the wife. She is one amazing woman! :)

I'm from Milford, only have 2 brews under my belt but have been a beer nerd for years. I enjoy talking beer, drinking beer and now, making beer.
I was planning on buying a house in the North Branford area, but this situation has dried up the market a little.

And just because we have so many breweries, what's everyone's favorite local beer/brewery?

I live here in Oakville just north of Waterbury. I call my ops Beer Baron Brewing. Not brewing anything new for the moment. Had to dump my NEIPA as we haven't been able to drink it fast enough, the remainder of the beers are all stouts, porters and ciders, good for aging. Not to worry, the NEIPA will be the beer I brew first after the hiatus.

Focus has been to get the basement finished, new walls, insulation going up, paneling, planning for a drop ceiling and area carpeting for the arcade area. Installed a stainless vent hood, wired in a new 240V line for brewing & heat during the winter. New electrical run for the arcade, pinballs. Bar prep sink installed with self contained plumbing. Finished building my auto liquor dispenser from scratch, and to add to the whole speakeasy experience I have a few surprises I'll be revealing on my build thread soon. I'm grateful to report...all this work is with the support and approval from the wife. She is one amazing woman! :)
I am in Waterbury by Municipal Stadium! We will have to plan a meetup/ beer swap when this craps all over. My buddy and I call our ops Winger Brew Co. Love the Beer Baron name! :mug:

I am in Waterbury by Municipal Stadium! We will have to plan a meetup/ beer swap when this craps all over. My buddy and I call our ops Winger Brew Co. Love the Beer Baron name! :mug:

Sweet! You are right down the hill! Sounds good for a beer sample and swap once things settle! The basement is a mess at the moment, but making good progress. Check out my build thread for updates!

20200430_203401.jpg20200214_110500.jpg

Looks awesome! We will definetly have to set something up once this crap is over with!
Count me in as well! I'm in Naugy. Just kegged up 2 neipas. Should be carbed in a week, but they may not last on tap very long. Have you guys been to Lasting Brass? Great beer

Count me in as well! I'm in Naugy. Just kegged up 2 neipas. Should be carbed in a week, but they may not last on tap very long. Have you guys been to Lasting Brass? Great beer
Yeah I live like 3 minutes down the road from there! We just kegged an Orange Creamsicle IPA over the weekend.

Placing an order tomorrow and picking it up for a Thursday brew day. Great people.
I had an awful time navigating their online store. When I search something, it yields 100+ results. I would like to go there just because the owners were on Basic Brewing Radio and seemed awesome, knowledgeable and passionate. But not somewhere I'm gonna go online.
Also, Lasting Brass's War Poet was tasty. I think I've only had one other beer from them, but they seem like they're good.

I had an awful time navigating their online store. When I search something, it yields 100+ results. I would like to go there just because the owners were on Basic Brewing Radio and seemed awesome, knowledgeable and passionate. But not somewhere I'm gonna go online.
Also, Lasting Brass's War Poet was tasty. I think I've only had one other beer from them, but they seem like they're good.

I agree with the online store. I called my first order in and the next time I called, they asked me to do it online. I was able to, but it was a pain in the butt. I'm going to call again today and insist they take my order over the phone.

As for Lasting Brass, War Poet (all mosaic) and Hop Brook (all citra) are fantastic. I've become pretty friendly with the staff and the owner, and he's given me tips on improving my beer. Have to catch him on the right day, and he'll spill some of the beans lol.

Yeah I live like 3 minutes down the road from there! We just kegged an Orange Creamsicle IPA over the weekend.

Wow you must be near the Bunker Hill Area because I can walk to Lasting Brass, though I'd stumble going back up the murder horn of a hill I live on LOL

I agree with the online store. I called my first order in and the next time I called, they asked me to do it online. I was able to, but it was a pain in the butt. I'm going to call again today and insist they take my order over the phone.

As for Lasting Brass, War Poet (all mosaic) and Hop Brook (all citra) are fantastic. I've become pretty friendly with the staff and the owner, and he's given me tips on improving my beer. Have to catch him on the right day, and he'll spill some of the beans lol.

I know Mark and Tess personally and they are amazing over at Maltose. This corona **** has really hit them hard, but the curbside stuff is really helping now. The website isn't the best, but it isn't the worst either. I know they do keep it updated often. War Poet and Hop Brook are two of my favorites from there, War Poet specifically in terms of IPAs.

Interesting, nope thats not me though.

I just friggin' wish there was something closer to Milford.

What’s up guys from Bristol, been brewing for two years. 10 brews, all different styles, just bought a mill to start BIAB. Learned how to keg. Make lots of ciders. Interested in doing wines and meads. Made a few gallons of maple syrup on a cinderblock evaporator. Just learned how to make sake from scratch. It’s clearing in the fridge now. Started a hop garden this year, Chinooks, Cascades, and Nuggets. Anyone else growing? This site has been a great help. Digging deeper into the world of fermentation and cultivation. Dreaming of that hop and grape farm with brewery attached! Someday...

I just friggin' wish there was something closer to Milford.

It's 20 minutes from Milford! I have to drive over 30. But it's for beer stuff, so it's all good :)
What’s up guys from Bristol, been brewing for two years. 10 brews, all different styles, just bought a mill to start BIAB. Learned how to keg. Make lots of ciders. Interested in doing wines and meads. Made a few gallons of maple syrup on a cinderblock evaporator. Just learned how to make sake from scratch. It’s clearing in the fridge now. Started a hop garden this year, Chinooks, Cascades, and Nuggets. Anyone else growing? This site has been a great help. Digging deeper into the world of fermentation and cultivation. Dreaming of that hop and grape farm with brewery attached! Someday...
You're going to love BIAB. I haven't planted any hops yet, because I hear they are rather invasive. My garden is filled with flowers, and I can't have hops overtaking my beauties lol.

My wife, son and I are gonna grab an app at Dockside tomorrow. It's been packed and is close to home. Hopefully it's good. I heard their head brewer was from Stony Creek, which I don't love, but the beers seem like they'd be up my alley.

My wife, son and I are gonna grab an app at Dockside tomorrow. It's been packed and is close to home. Hopefully it's good. I heard their head brewer was from Stony Creek, which I don't love, but the beers seem like they'd be up my alley.
Haven't heard of Dockside but just looked them up. Very interesting tap list. Guest taps look great too!

Haven't heard of Dockside but just looked them up. Very interesting tap list. Guest taps look great too!
Tried to go yesterday, but we pulled up and they said they were closed for construction. So we went to a spot in downtown Milford with pretty good food. My wife had a Wachusett blueberry wheat ale, I had a Duvel and the Lagunitas Newcastle. Usually I do local stuff, but I haven't tried either and I know local brews are a bit old at most restaurants.
I had a TwoRoads Two Juicy a few days ago that was oxidized to the point of tasting acrid.
Not good at all.

Hey Now to all the CT Brewers! Not much activity, actually have not brewed much of anything. Had to dump my NEIPA sadly due to age. I do have a Peanut Butter Porter, and a Pumpkin Pie Ale (essentially a brown ale with spices) I just made.

The next beer is a blueberry honey amber ale using local honey.

That will probably be it for the remainder of the year. I got plenty of aged stouts and porters on tap in addition to hard liquor. feel free to check out my brewery build below. It has evolved quite a bit since I started it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/building-a-home-brew-pub-setup.599322/

Tried to go yesterday, but we pulled up and they said they were closed for construction. So we went to a spot in downtown Milford with pretty good food. My wife had a Wachusett blueberry wheat ale, I had a Duvel and the Lagunitas Newcastle. Usually I do local stuff, but I haven't tried either and I know local brews are a bit old at most restaurants.
I had a TwoRoads Two Juicy a few days ago that was oxidized to the point of tasting acrid.
Not good at all.
I'm heading down to Dockside for Ocktoberfest this Saturday! I'll let you know how it is. The beer list looks AWESOME.

Hey Now to all the CT Brewers! Not much activity, actually have not brewed much of anything. Had to dump my NEIPA sadly due to age. I do have a Peanut Butter Porter, and a Pumpkin Pie Ale (essentially a brown ale with spices) I just made.

The next beer is a blueberry honey amber ale using local honey.

That will probably be it for the remainder of the year. I got plenty of aged stouts and porters on tap in addition to hard liquor. feel free to check out my brewery build below. It has evolved quite a bit since I started it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/building-a-home-brew-pub-setup.599322/

Howdy there! I was wondering when someone would eventually post in here again!

Sammy here! I brewed a split 10 gallon batch back in July...since I'm the only one drinking here takes me some time to get through. I'll hopefully get one more brew day in before the end of the year!

Be careful. I've heard they pack 'em in like sardines there. Not much social distancing and even though I live down the road, I've still never been.
Every time I've tried to go, they're full.

Be careful. I've heard they pack 'em in like sardines there. Not much social distancing and even though I live down the road, I've still never been.
Every time I've tried to go, they're full.
It was pretty packed, but there was good social distancing. Great beer list. Although, I really wasn't impressed with Dockside's Octoberfest. Or their Pilsner for that matter. Had fun though!

It was pretty packed, but there was good social distancing. Great beer list. Although, I really wasn't impressed with Dockside's Octoberfest. Or their Pilsner for that matter. Had fun though!

You should've seen it in warmer weather.
Gonna of drunk jerks running around my neighborhood, traffic backed up, card parked down every side street.

Places like that are why we're going back to Phase 2 on Friday in CT restaurants.

But 3 Floyd's is available in local packies! Grabbed my first Zombie Dust last night.

Anytime on here close to the shoreline of Fairfield/NH County?

I too am looking for people in the Fairfield County Area. Are you from around there?
Also can't say enough great things about Maltose. When I was first starting out a few years ago they were a great help. Best to talk to them over the phone or in person. They are the closest HBS to me (35 mins). I do have to admit that their online store is a nightmare.

Last edited:
I too am looking for people in the Fairfield County Area. Are you from around there?
Also can't say enough great things about Maltose. When I was first starting out a few years ago they were a great help. Best to talk to them over the phone or in person. They are the closest HBS to me (35 mins). I do have to admit that their online store is a nightmare.

I'm in Northern Fairfield County, Newtown to be exact. Moved from Danbury about a year and a half ago.

Back