crusher problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer

Reaction score
Got 4 10lb sacks milled from a hbs I was going to try for the shipping cost difference. Well the crush looks to be poor at best with about 10 percent not crushed maybe not even cracked by the looks. I ordered a mill today but in the meantime. I used my Wife's food chopper on pulse. It did a pretty decent job of finishing off the whole grains. All in all it is probably a little too fine but I figured it to be an improvement. I just ground two sacks for this week ends brew. May try the biab I have a nice basket and some paint strainers.

Got 4 10lb sacks milled from a hbs I was going to try for the shipping cost difference. Well the crush looks to be poor at best with about 10 percent not crushed maybe not even cracked by the looks. I ordered a mill today but in the meantime. I used my Wife's food chopper on pulse. It did a pretty decent job of finishing off the whole grains. All in all it is probably a little too fine but I figured it to be an improvement. I just ground two sacks for this week ends brew. May try the biab I have a nice basket and some paint strainers.

Stir early, stir often. You'll be fine.

Back