Creme Brulee Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedlegEd

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. Rather than hijack the Centennial Blonde thread, I thought I'd provide the information here. Here's where I've shared the recipe on Brewer's Friend. You'll need to tweak your water additions based on your local water, or you can building it from scratch using DI or RO. I checked and I bought the flavoring from Amazon here. I think I bought the 30ml size. Like I said in my OP, I started with a really malty Scottish Ale base that I tweaked by adding Lactose and a few other things to really thicken it up. The beer itself came out really nice, with a pronounced vanilla/caramel nose, and a great back flavor. You would think it would be sweet, but it was very well balanced and didn't leave a coating in your mouth. The other ingredient I added was Licor 43, which is a Spanish dessert liquor that has vanilla and a bunch of other spices. It's used to make a Carajillo, which is a popular after dinner drink in Mexico. I grew very fond of it when I was going to Mexico a lot for business. Anyway, I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck if you decide to make it. Just so you know, I originally split a 5 gal batch between this, and a Bananas Foster dessert beer. Same base beer, just different flavorings. The picture below was one of my Scottish Ales, but the beer looked just like this. Enjoy! Ed

Scottish Ale 3.jpg

Thanks for posting! Never heard of Licor 43, but its on sale at my local State store (I'm in the middle of nowhere) so I'm going to pick that up tomorrow.
I don't have Golden Promise, so I'm going to substitute Marris Otter or Viking Pale.
Also don't have any Ahtanum hops, but I just bought a pound of Amarillo, so I'm substituting that as well.
I can get Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout (10% ABV) in my area, and I wanted to make something similar, but I like your version with the lower alcohol, so I'm going to try it.

Latest posts

Back