Creating a queen annes lace recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floralfallon

Reaction score
What in everyones opinions would queen annes lace best resemble, sunflower petals or lavender flowers? Debating on how many quarts per gallon to use of them.

So far the recipe is as follows: 1 gallon water
6 cups very tightly packed queen annes lace flowers, trimmed off the center green part(1 grocrie bag full of tops before cleaning off green middles)
6 cups white sugar
1teaspoon nutmeg
1 cinimon stick broken
Boiled water and sugar mixture and poured over my bag holding fresh flowers and spice
Will add
1/4 tsp tannen
1/2 tsp acid blend
1:2 tap pectic enzyme
1t tsp yeast energizer
When cool.

Will pitcg yeast and add to primary tommrrow and squeeze bag.

I do! I made a jam earlyer in the week, no deaths. I took a wild foraging class last year. But thank you for looking out for me

Today after a noght of cooling i added
1/4tsp liquid tannen
1/2 tsp acid blend
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast energizer
1 crushed campden tablet and stired my heart out for about 2 minutes. "Tonight" at 12am (technically tomrrow) i will hydrate and then add my yeast. Im going to use half a packet of champaigne for this wine as its a light wine and i think champaigne yeast will go well with it!

Raw they taste like a slightly peppery carrot, cooked with sugar they taste like kandied lemon carrots in a sense. Its ynlike anyother flavor. I didnt have access to the roots as i only asked the property owner if i could cut the carrot tops

Stired and squeezed today, froth died down abit but fermentation still happining.

Squeezed bag and stired. Thinking in 3 days ill remove pulp and transfer to carboy. Will update then

I lied, the flowers today looked subpar and when things start looking deteriorated i temove them. Call it hasty call it cautious. I removed flowers and racked to carboy, its a beautifull pink and after only 3 hours the airlock is going crazy. Now to let it sit forever.

Queen annes lace looking good and at .990 sg for past 2 days, will stabalize in about a week

Back