Craigslist score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldies

Reaction score
I browse my local craigslist here and there and yesterday found a add titled "Guinness tap handles" being a Guinness lover I opened it up and the guy had 3 tap handles for sale, 1 of the standard pint handle and 2 of the smaller ones were the logo sticks out, hard to explain but I have only seen them twice now. I noticed the tap's had stout faucets attached as well and when I e-mailed the guy asking if they came with the stout faucet his response was "Whats a stout faucet?" Long story short I picked up the handle and stout faucet for $45.00. Sweet!! now its time to get my beer gas set up. They needed a little cleaning but the spring is still good and all the seals are great.

It is amazing what people sell on Craigslist. I found 100 Grolsch bottles a couple months ago, the guy sold them to me for 20 bucks. Don't know why he sold them so cheap, don't care.

It is amazing what people sell on Craigslist. I found 100 Grolsch bottles a couple months ago, the guy sold them to me for 20 bucks. Don't know why he sold them so cheap, don't care.

Maybe he wasn't using them for beer :D

I had a similar CL score...
Someone posted a "Kegger cooler" on there for $50. Turned out to be a dual tap jockey box with 200' of stainless coil inside, and all the hoses, taps, regulator, etc.

I bought it, cleaned it up and resold it for $250 2 days later

I was able to snag a kegging system complete with everything to set up a two tap system including a full co2 tank, 3 cornys and enough keg gasket sets to rebuild each of them 3 times and also two 6.5 gal. carboys for $160.

Craigslist FTW!

I'm with you! I found my 4-tap, fullsize kegerator w/ 3 kegs, all hoses, 4-way manifold, 2 20lb tanks, faucets, with 4 extra picnic taps, co2 charging kit, paintball co2 bottle, extra fermenting bucket, new gaskets, the book Clone Brews and a slew of various stainless fittings for only $250.

Yeah CL is off and on here in San Diego, CA a LOT of people think there stuff is made of gold. But this was def a score especially after he said "What's a stout faucet"

I've found most of my brewing equipment on CL, usually for a very good price. Or I'll buy a mass of equipment, keep what I need and sell the rest. In that case I usually get what I kept for free, or on occasion even come out with some profit.
The key is to check, and check frequently. If you see a deal, jump on it fast.

And don't forget to search for terms that people can't spell. Like "kegorator, keggerator, kegerater, etc". You'd be surprised what you find.

No kidding, I checked craigslist one morning, no homebrewing equipment. Checked it that night and a guy was selling carboys and corny kegs $10 each. I was at his house at 8 the next morning and bought 2 kegs, 2 5g carboys and a 6.5g carboy. Makes me wonder if these guys really know what they are selling and how much more people would by them for.

Craigslist FTW!

I'm with you! I found my 4-tap, fullsize kegerator w/ 3 kegs, all hoses, 4-way manifold, 2 20lb tanks, faucets, with 4 extra picnic taps, co2 charging kit, paintball co2 bottle, extra fermenting bucket, new gaskets, the book Clone Brews and a slew of various stainless fittings for only $250.

Fighter jets have been dispatched to your location! :mad:

Fighter jets have been dispatched to your location! :mad:

Ha!

The craziest thing about it was that I found it locally. Mind you, there is little to no home brewing in my area. I think I'm one of two people in my town, so I expected to have to travel to Dallas (3 hrs), Austin (4 hrs) or Houston (2 hrs) to find used gear.

I found this stuff in little old Nacogdoches, which is a mere 20 minutes up the road!

I tend to check CL every couple of days for new & more stuff and hit the jackpot last week. 3-hurricane burner brew stand (all burners have lines and valves to run off 1 LP tank), 3 keggles with quick disconnect valves and hoses, pump, 4 carboys, grain mill, plate chiller, enough grains hops and yeast for a 10gallon batch of ipa, extra hops to spare, all for $450. I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!

I keep RSS feeds of the keywords I track like beer, homebrew, home brew, etc. on iGoogle page so I can easily check them several times a day. Scored my new turkey fryer ($40) and my IC ($25) that way.

Back