Issues after using line cleaning kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick180

Reaction score
I've had my kegerator for almost a year. The first bunch of kegs were all great, then I started getting more head than a good date. I finally got a line cleaning kit, the kegconnection one, and yesterday I used it, following all the instructions. When I reassembled everything, suddenly its like theres no resistance hardly like usual on the tap handle, as soon as I tap the keg foam (and only foam) starts flowing from the faucet, and nothing seems to be working as it did. I had cleaned the coupler and faucet before, and I did again as best I could, so I'm not sure whats going on. I left it until today hoping maybe it would settle, but it didn't. Now its friday night and I cant pour a pint. Its an Insignia single tap kegerator, and the kegs aren't home brew, they were purchased from the brewry. Same ones I always get. Any help?

Could possibly be some sediment stuck in the line causing turbulence and nucleation for foam. Unless you did not reassemble things correctly. Make sure you put things back together well, in order, etc.

Back