Craigslist Score, sort of...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponduke

Reaction score
Hi all, I don't post often, but lurk incessantly. I had to post this though! I wanted to tell some folts who would appreciate this find and also may be able to help me out with a question. I just bought a Perlick tower kegerator from a guy deserate for cash. It's a somewhat older model, but looks practically new. He wanted 100, but I offered 80 and he quickly accepted! Not bad. It has an internal fan and even came with a full CO2 tank.

It only has one small defect. The thermostat doesn't seem to work. I plugged it in and it quickly cooled down to 30 degrees and runs continuously no matter how I adjust the thermostat. I'm thinking the easy fix might be to just get a temperature controller. This way I could use it both as both a beer dispenser and a fermentation chamber, depending on my needs at the time. Would that be the way to go you think, or would fixing/replacing the built in thermostat be the best move?

Just wanted some opinions.

Thanks.

I'd just get the external thermostat. Fixing the built in one is probably cheaper, but then you wouldn't have the option of using it as a fermentation chamber down the road. The external thermostat will solve the problem and give you the flexibility.

It would probably cost more to have it fixed than to just wire in a temperature controller that will give you more precise control. I'd go with that option.

Latest posts

Back