Craigslist find - should I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johntangus

Reaction score
So there's a guy selling a complete bar on Craigslist for $500.

It includes a chest freezer (maybe 7 cu ft) that has had the thermostat rigged so it stays around 35F;

a CO2 tank, dual regulator and lines;

2 tap tower and a nitro tank (no stout faucet).

Also comes with 3 empty ball lock kegs (2 quarter kegs, one sixtel)

The bar itself is wood with a tile top.

What would YOU do?

i say no... I feel like you probably could do better... is the Nitro set up a complete set up like lines, reg, distrib and beer gas tank? If so it could be a good purchase.

Also comes with 3 empty ball lock kegs (2 quarter kegs, one sixtel)

You sure about that part?

If you meant "barrel" instead of "keg" that would mean that two of them are 7.75 gallons in size.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've never seen a 7.75 gallon ball-lock (corny).

My guess is that these are sanke (commercial) kegs and not actual "ball-lock" kegs like we use.

It's all about the bar at that point.

If the bar is a hand carved work of art (Or something that looks to be of that kind of value to your eye) $500 could be a steal.

If it's a spray painted plywood bar with bumper stickers and license plates nailed to it, you can get that hardware for a lot less than $500.

JMO :drunk:

Yep, my bad, I meant quarter barrel - I'm at work and trying to bang this out on the DL. And I'm new to the world of kegging - they are indeed sanke kegs - not ball lock. Sorry. This fella was more of a commercial beer drinker apparently. Also, the nitro tank has a regulator, but i don't imagine much else. He said he used it to push liquor and wine. I have no idea about how that works. Anyway, here is a link to the listing - it has PHOTOS.

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/gms/1865599000.html

looks like a decent deal. you can probably find a use for or sell the sanke, and converting the lines isnt too hard. but if its a full co2 and nitogen systems (ie tanks and regulators), and you want nitrogen, and a dual tap tower then its worth it. you could probably save some money doing it all yourself but thats depends on what your time and interest are worth.

Good call on passing. If you're interested in building a setup, post back in here and lots of folks will be glad to point you in the right direction. You mentioned the nitro - are you interested in that? Nitro is typically used to push stouts (though I suppose it could have other uses).

Back