Craigslist C02 Tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno man those tanks look a little sketchy to me.

Although, I know I can go to my local welding supply place and swap out my old tank for a new, full one for $13 and change...

I would a bring a A bring a regulator make sure they fit B make sure they are steelies which they look like . You may have to search around but you should be able to find someone to refill them. And worse case scenario your out 20 bucks. You should be good though.

I used to use ones just like those. I wouldn't touch them. Those things are ancient. They are old Scott Air tanks used by firefighters for their SCBA's (air packs). They would be filled up to 2200 psi of compressed air. I don't think you would find anyplace that will fill them up for you. He states:

"This unit has not been tested by me"

You would be taking a chance.

Wait for true CO2 tanks to come up on craigslist.

Thanks everyone. Yeah I think it would be a risk. Even if its only $20 its still wasted money and I don't know what I would do with an old useless tank anyways. I'll just wait for the real deal to come along.

Thanks everyone.

Soc6

Good choice. The stem on those bottles would not fit a CO2 regulator. A little approx 1 inch stem would fit inside the threaded stem and a threaded collar is designed to screw down and make the seal.

Similar to the new propane bottle hose end.

Good luck on your search.

Back