Craftbeer couple issues first run

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmurph6

Reaction score
So I ran my brewery for the first time and had a couple of bugs that I'd like some help on.

1. I utilized a pull request for pwm boil control and got it to work pretty flawlessly and hold a nice rolling boil. When I turned the boil program off the boil heating element wouldn't turn off. I had to shut down the pi to get the boil kettle element to turn off. I even tried changing the program from pwm to another setting, I made sure the auto function was off on the BK. Not sure why I can't get the heating element to turn off. The HLT element works perfectly.

2. Not so much a craftbeerpi issue, but my thermocouples don't seem to be reading all that accurate from my hosehead. Yesterday I calibrated all the sensors to ice water and used the offset function in craftbeer pi to force them to 32.0 in an icewater bath. When I went to test I had to keep tweaking the offset based on what my thermapen was reading the water temp. I had to tweak by multiples of degrees. Is there another way to calibrate the thermocouples besides offset?

3. I can't get the temperature graphs to show up in CBP 2.2. anyone know what's going on with that?

4. I imported a dummy recipe beer.xml to test it out. How do I delete the recipe now? It always shows up when I tell it to import a beer.xml, I didn't save it to my "cookbook". Also when I import a beer.xml it converts from F to Celsius even though my units in CBP have been set to F.

Got the graphs working, deleted the K_1, K_2, and K_3 templog files and it's fixed now. Just have the remaining 3 issues.

Back