Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boom, thank you TobyG!

20160116_150649.jpg

I'll start with this. I'll add more later, I'm gonna get some sleep now.

Fresh FW Pale 31
Funkwerks
Heretic
Moonlight Meadery - Any Sweet or Semi-sweet
Melovino Meadery - Any Traditional, Fruited, or Oaken
Modern Times - Any except Blackhouse
Crooked Stave
Monkish
Flat Tail
Russian River
Faction
Tioga-Sequoia
Perennial

Added 1/10
Intangible Ales
Wicked Weed

If you can score one from the list, just throw in your local (or anything that doesn't hit OH, PA, MI) sours, brett beers, saisons. Please no coffee beers.

Bump

The coolest part is that I won't have to split the Central Waters with wifey. A friend brought me a bottle of it when he dropped off his FFL beers for our league this year (he won so took his pick of 12 bombers/750s out of the pool of 24). So, we each get a bottle.

Alright let's start with

Heady
Other half
Treehouse.......
Blah blah blah

Let's make it easy and get this going again.

Fresh local iPas, DIPA's, farmhouse saisons, Brett beers and local favorites.

Let's start here

Societe
Alchemist
Lawson's
Fresh Pliny or Blind Pig
Cigar City - Espresso Cubano
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Bootleggers - Knuckle Sandwich
Bootleggers - Black Phoenix
Carton
Heretic - Shallow Grave
NEBCO
2 Roads
Spring House - Lil Gruesome (really anything)
Jackie O's
Kuhnhenn
Pipeworks
Wicked Weed
Tired Hands
Toppling Goliath
Tree House
Cycle
Burnt Hickory
Half Acre

Will also happily accept any similar NE-style hoppy beers (in the vein of Heady, SoS, etc.) or bombastic malty beers. I'm just looking for good stuff I haven't had yet. Check my Untappd if you have any questions.

Let's start here

Societe
Alchemist
Lawson's
Fresh Pliny or Blind Pig
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Carton
Heretic - Shallow Grave
NEBCO
2 Roads
Jackie O's
Kuhnhenn
Pipeworks
Wicked Weed
Tired Hands
Toppling Goliath
Tree House
Cycle
Burnt Hickory
Half Acre

Will also happily accept any similar NE-style hoppy beers (in the vein of Heady, SoS, etc.) or bombastic malty beers. I'm just looking for good stuff I haven't had yet. Check my Untappd if you have any questions.

Which cycle? I've been drinking the hell out of Fixie at a bar lately. I can see if I can find bottles, may be able to drive down to brewery for ya

Im not sure they actually sell bottles, now that im looking into it. I could work on getting a growler for ya

Last edited:
Which cycle? I've been drinking the hell out of Fixie at a bar lately. I can see if I can find bottles, may be able to drive down to brewery for ya

If I just have a brewery listed, it means I'm open to pretty much anything they package that falls into the 'easy' category.

Toby I can get a few of those, but I'm pretty sure I've sent you those same beers in the past

:p

Hmm...that's the second time somebody thinks they've sent me beer before. Just looked through my PMs and don't see any previous MAWs or trades we've made. Unless you're HOPKILLA from Facebook, but we didn't trade any of that stuff.

I messaged them on facebook, they only bottle to the immediate area and said its very difficult to get hold of :\ (Cycle that is)

Can I just say my list is anything? I feel like I'm so limited in what I think I want simply for not knowing lol. Ive been fortunate to go to San Diego a few times and hit up Ale Smith, several Stones, Green Flash, Coronado, Ballast Point.... Grew up by Sweetwater... Visited Dogfish Head....

Can I have a legit MAW anything? I love sours... IPA... Yummy stouts (think flavored... last snow coconut and coffee... ) Funky Buddha Sweet Potato Casserole... Terrapin Liquid Lunch (peanut butter & Jelly imperial porter)

:)

Can I just say my list is anything? I feel like I'm so limited in what I think I want simply for not knowing lol. Ive been fortunate to go to San Diego a few times and hit up Ale Smith, several Stones, Green Flash, Coronado, Ballast Point.... Grew up by Sweetwater... Visited Dogfish Head....

Can I have a legit MAW anything? I love sours... IPA... Yummy stouts (think flavored... last snow coconut and coffee... ) Funky Buddha Sweet Potato Casserole... Terrapin Liquid Lunch (peanut butter & Jelly imperial porter)

:)

Read the very first post for how the thread works. One list at a time.

I did, I guess I just dont understand. You have your list right now, and until someone helps you out, no one else can have a list? Is that correct?

And to post a list, you have to first have helped someone with their beers?

I did, I guess I just dont understand. You have your list right now, and until someone helps you out, no one else can have a list? Is that correct?

And to post a list, you have to first have helped someone with their beers?
One person is up at a time. They post a list, and when someone grants that list, they are then up.

Currently, @TobyG is up, since he granted the previous list. He then posted a list of what he wants. When someone is able to grant his request, they will send him a box of carbonated deliciousness, and it will be their turn. Then when someone grants them, they are up, and on and on and on.

Basically, you give beer, and then you get beer. It keeps going in a cylce like that.

Only I can get local here is Stone/Ecliptic/Wicked Weed Points Uknown and Heretic Shallow Grave. Is bottling off a growler a thing? if so, I could also get you some Cycle Fixie IPA

I mean if I buy a growler (I have a small one) can I sanitize a bottle, fill it off the growler, cap and itd still be good?

Let's start here

Societe
Alchemist
Lawson's
Fresh Pliny or Blind Pig
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Carton
Heretic - Shallow Grave
NEBCO
2 Roads
Jackie O's
Kuhnhenn
Pipeworks
Wicked Weed
Tired Hands
Toppling Goliath
Tree House
Cycle
Burnt Hickory
Half Acre

Adds:
Spencer Imperial Stout
Brash Vulgar Display of Power
Brewery Vivant
Tallgrass
Captain Lawrence
Heater Allen

Additions.

Did you happen to see my post of what I can send you?

If you have two off his list, and fulfill the membership/participation criteria, you can grant. If there's ambiguity, you can PM him for clarification or wait till he adds more or wait till someone else grants and posts a list.

Did you happen to see my post of what I can send you?

I can get Points Unknown here since it's a Stone collab. I'm willing to be flexible since you're an eMAW virgin. Message me what else you might have. I would be open to some southeast FL stuff too (assuming no one else grants first).

ill head to the store and see what i can find. but honestly, maybe i should pass. i can get the growler of fixie for you as well as hectic shallow grave, and see what cigar city or tequesta is at the store. the shallow grave i had to get a friend to pick up for me more down south since its not near me.

am actually going to new orleans on saturday, saw on your untappd you have had a lot of the local brews. where should my wife and i check out? can get abita here and not a huge fan anyway, so what would you suggest?

Send him some Natural Lite and Busch heavy. He prefers the camo cans.

As far as where to check out in New Orleans, Avenue Pub is the best, hands down. The Bulldog and Cooter Brown's are also decent. I haven't been to Courtyard but I hear it's really nice. There are a few others. I'm sure Toby will chime in soon.

As far as breweries, you want to be on the lookout for Parish, Great Raft, Gnarly Barley, NOLA, and Bayou Teche. Skip the Abita stuff. There are a few others like 40 Arpent, Chafunkta, Covington, etc. that are pretty hit-and-miss, in my opinion.

ill head to the store and see what i can find. but honestly, maybe i should pass. i can get the growler of fixie for you as well as hectic shallow grave, and see what cigar city or tequesta is at the store. the shallow grave i had to get a friend to pick up for me more down south since its not near me.

am actually going to new orleans on saturday, saw on your untappd you have had a lot of the local brews. where should my wife and i check out? can get abita here and not a huge fan anyway, so what would you suggest?

Like I said about the grant, message me to 'negotiate' if you only have one. I'm open to lots of things if it's something good that I haven't had (or in the case of White Oak Jai Alai something I'll always take). I've had most Cigar City stuff honestly, plus I'll be there at least twice this year.

Not sure where you're staying, but the Avenue Pub on St. Charles Ave and Courtyard on Erato are must stops for beer. NOLA Brewing tap room is another cool spot and have McClure's BBQ on premise.

There are parades most of the day Saturday. The Avenue Pub is an excellent spot to catch parades, especially if you get there early enough to get on the balcony. One thing to note is that during parade season the Avenue experience is a little different than standard. They usually pull any high ABV beers off (because it's a marathon and not a sprint) and only serve in plastic cups since people are walking in and out so glassware is not a good idea. You can look them up on BeerMenus.com to see what they have on.

As far as breweries to look for, Doug pretty much nailed it. Abita is literally everywhere in the 48 contiguous states and a few European and Caribbean locations, and although it might be a little fresher or better cared for, I would use it as a last resort. If you have a chance, you definitely want to try Parish Envie and Gnarly Barley Insidious Monk. Envie is an APA that was reformulated a couple months ago into what could be considered the 'session IPA' side of the style. Insidious was a collaboration between Gnarly Barley and Old Rail (a brew pub across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans). Pretty much everything Zac at Gnarly Barley and Matt at Old Rail make is good, and this is the only chance you get to try one of Matt's beers without going to the brew pub.

Back