Couple ?s about new keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emit31

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm planning on ordering a two keg setup from kegconnection.com this week. I was wondering who out there finds it worth the money to get the Stainless kit, and whether or not to upgrade to a 10lb bottle. Thanks again for the advice!

I can't speak to the stainless kit but a larger CO2 bottle means fewer trips to the LHBS to fill your tank. But it also means you may not be able to fit it into your kegerator/keezer/etc. which is why many opt for a 5lb. tank. You could also put your CO2 tank outside your kegerator which would remove this issue. Also, it'd be better to have two 5 lb. tanks than one tank so you always have a backup.

makes total sense! thanks a lot, I just picked up a full side by side fridge/freezer, so I should have plenty of room. Thanks again.

At least where i am a 5, 10 and 20 lb co2 tank cost the same to exchange, but the initial tank costs more.

Back