Correct keg coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorback_Jack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m getting an EdgeStar KC3000TWIN this week, and have looked at the manual online. I’ve never legged before, but I’m reading and watching a lot of videos and feeling more and more comfortable. However, the manual says this unit comes with “American Sankey couplers.” I don’t know if they’re “A”-style, “D”- style, or what. Does this sound like it’s going to be compatible with my 1/6 homebrew pin lock kegs?

No Sanke coupler is compatible with pin lock kegs, however you can translate the ends of the tubing to a Sanke coupler into ends that are compatible with pin lock disconnects that have 1/4" MFL threaded ends.

These are pin lock disconnects with 1/4" MFL threads:

31rxH21yEeL._SX466_.jpg

This is a Sanke D-type coupler:

americansanked001.jpg

Note the larger threaded connections. Your kegerator will come with the female counterparts.

The fittings shown here screwed onto the existing tubing fittings will in turn allow a pin lock disconnect (or the ball lock disconnect shown) to be screwed on the other end.

FFLxBeerThread-2T.jpg

There are other solutions but this one is pretty simple...

Cheers!

Thanks! I realized the ignorance of my question about five minutes later. Then I realized I already have a pair (in/out) of quick disconnects that I can use for one keg. Now I’ll just get another pair for the other keg. Thanks for the detailed pics and info.

Back