Corona mill crush is a mix of flour and uncrushed kernals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrisby

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Corona mill is attached to a drill. No fixed RPM, I just try to run it as slow as I can, manually. The results are flour AND whole kernels. I have completely taken it apart and put it back together. I'm stumped. Any ideas? Thanks.

There is a modification for the corona style mills which will help give a more consistent grind without creating flour. You can find a description of the modification here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Corona-Mill-Mods-for-All-Grain-Brewing/step4/Another-Mod/

You need to play with the gap a little bit. One change that I made in the modification is to replace one of the washers used to fill the gap in step 2 of the mod with a rubber washer. This gives the stationary head a little give for sudden slugs of grain going through that will result in the grain rolling in the gap instead of being pulverized into flour from the barley-to-barley impacts.

Latest posts

Back