Corona Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbens6

Reaction score
[flame suite on]
So my wife is the one that gave me my first HB kit and needed supplies... her fav beer is corona, while this kills me on the inside, i love her, and want to do right by her, soo i tentatively cup my testicles in both hands, and ask: Does anyone have a corona clone recipe?
[flame suite off]

Why not just make her Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde or Cream of Three crops and tell her it's Corona. Either she won't really know the difference or she'll discover the obvious, that it is way better and only want that from now on.

Hey I am kind of in the same boat, my wife does not really like the lets say heavy style beers and some of my friends as well, they all drink blue light and watered down stuff like that, I just cant see wasting my time brewing stuff like that, but I do understand the wife thing, so do a batch and name it after her, maybe a quick light batch

Why not just make her Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde or Cream of Three crops and tell her it's Corona. Either she won't really know the difference or she'll discover the obvious, that it is way better and only want that from now on.
Well namely because i dont know what those are haha, links perhaps? I have really only sourced my kits form listermanns as they are a 10 min drive away...

Find the forum member named Biermuncher and click on the recipes under his profile or in the drop-down menu under his posts.

do you have the Joy Of Home brewing book?

The starter recipe is real easy and if done with light hopped malt it comes out light and knd of close to a light style beer,

if you dont have let me know and I will type it out, it is real easy.

i do not have the joy of home brewing sorry to say... but it is on my Xmas list!

Will chekc that forum member!!

i figured by now that someone would have suggested having a mexican pee in the mash...

good luck with your project... I'm going to have to check back on this one since a lot of my meathead friends like corona...

There are a couple corona type kit beers available, I think Austin Homebrew Supply may have one.

The centennial blond is great, but it's an all grain recipe (I don;t think anyones converted it to extract yet.)

Brewer's Best Kits, by LD carlson have an amber cervesa kit...here's there recipe.

INGREDIENTS (INCLUDED):
3.3 lbs. Plain Amber Malt
2 lbs. Plain Light Dry Malt Extract
8 oz. Rice Syrup Solids
6 oz. Crushed Crystal Malt 60L

1 oz. Vanguard Hops (Bittering)
1/2 oz. Sterling Hops (Finishing)

The Cooper canned Mexican Cerveza kit plus 2 pounds of extra light DME plus 6 gallons of water tastes really close.

Or you can use 3 pound Extra Light DME 2 pounds corn syrup.
3/4 oz. Hallertau for bittering and 1/4 ounce Hallertau for aroma.
US-05 yeast.

Forrest

THEBREWHOUSE.com sells a corona clone kit. I haven't made it in a few years but if I remember correctly after throwing in a lime it was pretty damn close. Sadly it does not provide for sandy beaches and bikini babes no matter how much you drink...

I recently posted a recipe on another topic if you navigate threw my profile to the other post you will see it!

Back