corny post coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supergrump

Reaction score
I just built a wooden jockey box (pictures coming) and used it to serve 30 gallons of homebrewers at my cousin's wedding. I'm getting ready to pack it up for storage since I don't anticipate Ill use it again for some time. I have lye in the lines right now to disinfect and clean them, but I'm wondering what to leave in the lines while it's in storage. I don't want to flush with water since it could go stale and leave bugs behind the next time I try to use it. I could maybe leave the lye in it but I'm uncomfortable with that - would it break down the vinyl or copper over time? I know many of you will freak out over the use of copper and I intend to upgrade to SS soon but I was in a rush to get ready for the wedding and my local homebrewers shop didn't have SS coil in stock.

long story short - I read somewhere to flush the lines with co2 to keep it fresh for the next use. How to accomplish this? I rigged up this:
20130826_131946-60863.jpg

it will allow me to connect the female end of a co2 ball lock to the female end of the liquid in ball lock that feeds my jockey box lines. I'll plug in a corny charger or else I'll plug it into my co2 cannister from my keezer. Then I can blow out the lines and keep it fresh till I use it again, maybe in a year from now. Am I over complicating this?]

Back