Cornileus keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squinchy

Reaction score
Hey i got a Cornelius keg and a 20lb Co2 bottle for free the other day and i need to get some fittings for it

Gas in, Beer out fast connecters, and might need some new O-rings

What i need to know is, what kind of connectors do i need to fit my new keg :)

Pictures of the keg:
357103445.jpg

357103406.jpg

357103401.jpg

For some reason I can't see the pictures but if the gas and liquid post on your keg have little pins sticking out (2 on one, 3 on the other I think) then it's a pin lock (coke style) keg and you need pin lock quick disconnects. If it's smooth, it's a ball lock (pepsi style) and you need ball lock quick disconnects. The quick disconnects can come with either a barb fitting or a flare style fitting on them. I just get the barb fitting but honestly I don't know why, it's just what I've started using. You can get them from any keg supply places and 90% of the homebrewing supply places.

Replacement o-rings you can get from any of the keg places and most of the home brewing supply places as well. They come in either a kit or you can buy the components separately and both styles of keg use the same o-rings and gaskets. The other option is if you use the search function there's a thread somewhere with mcmaster-carr part numbers for the o-rings and seals and you can get a whole mess of them for like the same price as a few kits.

Ok thanks :), is it normal that the lid is not air tight wit out it being Co2 pressurized ?

When i seal the lid and place the keg in the shower and heat it up, bubbles start bubbling from the lid

Dose that mean i need a new O-ring and perhaps a new hatch/lid ?

And do you know any online store that sends to Iceland ?

sometimes those lids wont seat until you pressurize the keg and you can........wait, why are you showering with your keg you sicko.

So the pressure trick worked, i fitted an Air tool Quick connect male in the pressure release hole on the lid and connected the keg to my compressed air tank and put almost 50 psi in the keg and no bubbles around the lid :D

So all i need now is to get my fast connections for the gas in and beer out so i can begin my Kegerator project :D

Dose know of good online shopping sites, where i can get a regulator and quick connects for my keg ?

Dose know of good online shopping sites, where i can get a regulator and quick connects for my keg ?

Only about 10000 of them. In no particular order:

kegconnection
northernbrewer
homebrewing.org
morebeer
kegworks
williamsbrewing
midwestsupplies
austinhomebrew
ebay....

Back