corn mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard3589

Reaction score
Does anyone think an old recipe i found using corn syrup and honey with a little lemon juice in it will work and how long you think it will work for? I used kv 1116 yeast with a added 2 tssp of yeast energiser.

Does anyone think an old recipe i found using corn syrup and honey with a little lemon juice in it will work and how long you think it will work for? I used kv 1116 yeast with a added 2 tssp of yeast energiser.

Sounds delicious.

By how long do you mean ferment time or aging?

Im talking fermentation and aging. This is my first attempt at this type. I added the yeast and energizer 3 days ago. Its gassing slow right now. Hoping the temp drop wont effect it to much.

Im talking fermentation and aging. This is my first attempt at this type. I added the yeast and energizer 3 days ago. Its gassing slow right now. Hoping the temp drop wont effect it to much.

I use KV-1116 a lot and it likes to start fast then taper off around 1.020 gravity. It's normal for it to take 2 weeks+ to ferment to dry.

Any mead I let age for a few months as they typically taste like white lightning for the first few months.

Okay thanks for the advise. It started slow so maybe i should try pitchin somemore yeast in. Around 2.5 grams or so should be fine i would think? Maybe i pitched to early. Maybe a little to warm

If it's going just leave it, yeast will reproduce quickly. Did you add any nutrient or just energize?

Latest posts

Back