Cooper's Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Dry pitched 15 g of Cooper's (from Australia) onto a stout kit at about 20 C on saturday night. As of Sunday night, about 4 inches of foam on top of the wort. I was pretty impressed. Anyone else used that brand?

was it a coopers stout kit with included yeast? I have one of them to go soon.... not used any of theirs before. Also have a real ale from them too..

Ken, it was a Brew House kit, RJ Spagnols Co. Cooper's yeast incuded. I'll be interested to see what yours does... mine is foaming like I've never seen before.

ok so I'll keep you posted, but it'll be a little while - wanna do a Brewferm Christmas beer kit first, so it'll have 4-5 months conditioning, and I'm gonna be undergoing shoulder surgery next week so won't be able to lift much for the next 4-6 weeks :(
I heard that the brewferm stuff is a savage yeast as well...
good luck!
Ken

I've used four of their kits so far. They all turned out pretty good. I added the yeast and stirred in after about 15 minutes of soaking with the first three ,and with the fourth, I added the yeast to a pint of the wort while the main batch was cooling, then pitched it 30 minutes or so later when the wort was at about 80 degrees. Cool how it just comes alive, isn't it?

That's the yeast I used for my first starter, good reaction with the DME but I dunno bout the actual frementaion.It was very active for 48hrs but then seemed to drop off faster than I've seen before and seems to be slow too clear for an ale.I do have it in the basement temps vary from 65-74, warm weather hard on this strain?? The way a starter is suposta act with an ale?? :confused:

I racked my stout after 3 days primary... all krausen gone... put it in the carboy and I think it's bubbled about 2 times today. I can't believe how aggressive that yeast was.

Latest posts

Back