Coopers Wheat LME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemlich22

Reaction score
I have a can of this lying around that I'm looking to brew sometime tomorrow and I need some suggestions. I'm fairly new to brewing but I would like to spice this up a bit and add some hops and flavorings to make it a little more interesting. I was considering adding clementine peel to the boil and possibly some cloves. I have a bunch of varieties of hops already (Cascade, Fuggle, Willamette, Saaz, Amarillo, Magnum, Challenger, and Hersbrucker).

Can someone help me put together a recipe for this can of extract? Also, should I use a kg of dextrose in the boil? Thanks.

Just use Amarillo hops, no spices or orange and make something like a Gumballhead clone. What is in the kit, so we know what the bitter is (probably is), and the OG, to give you suggestions on how to modify the kit. How much Amarillo do you have?

Just use Amarillo hops, no spices or orange and make something like a Gumballhead clone. What is in the kit, so we know what the bitter is (probably is), and the OG, to give you suggestions on how to modify the kit. How much Amarillo do you have?

It's not much of a kit, just the Cooper's Wheat Extract Can. I have 1 oz. of the Amarillo.

Is it a 6 lb can? That would give you about 1.043 OG. It's probably pre-hopped to about 20 IBUs.

Gumballhead has an OG around 1.055, and 27 IBUs, and is dry-hopped with Amarillo. But go with what you have.

Something similar would be to use 1/4 oz of magnum to up the bittering a little (boil with wort for 45 minutes), and add 1/3 ozs of Amarillo at 15, 5 and 0. Maybe try and get an additional ounce of Amarillo to dry hop with.

There is a recipe for you....... Do with it what you want.

Maybe something like this:

1.5kg Coopers wheat LME (1.5kg)
200g Honey
10g Hersbrucker @60min
15g Hesbrucker @15min
15g Hersbrucker @5min
Wheat beer yeast

boil volume - 13.2l, batch size 11l
boil time - 60min

Estimated OG 1.046
Bitterness 17IBU

should be nice wheat beer.

Maybe something like this:

1.5kg Coopers wheat LME (1.5kg)
200g Honey
10g Hersbrucker @60min
15g Hesbrucker @15min
15g Hersbrucker @5min
Wheat beer yeast

boil volume - 13.2l, batch size 11l
boil time - 60min

Estimated OG 1.046
Bitterness 17IBU

should be nice wheat beer.

Hersbrucker and Hallertau kinda of sort of the same thing? Is the honey a decent replacement for dextrose?...

Latest posts

Back