Cooper's Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beek

Reaction score
Just did my first brew last night. Simple Coopers Stout kit. I'll go to more complicated things next but this is just to get my feet wet. Airlock isn't going at all after 24 hours. I assume this is okay? Hope so. Anyway, I'm stoked. Can't wait to bottle and then drink this. Y'all have been huge inspirations for me. Thanks for your vast amounts of beer brewing intelligence!

If you are getting your feet wet with your beer you are missing your mouth :)
Gongrats on your brew, I love stouts.

Welcome to the board and the obsession! Good luck with your first brew and many more.

Airlock not bubbling is okay, and can mean many different things. Airlock bubbling makes for a great show, but is not required for a healthy fermentation. Remember your hydrometer is one of your most important tools as a brewer, that alone will tell you whether you've got fermentation or not.

menerdari said:
If you are getting your feet wet with your beer you are missing your mouth :)
Gongrats on your brew, I love stouts.

Literally just laughed out loud. People at work are looking at me...

I've had cooper's batches that fermented out without hardly any bubbles at all. Just didn't ferment very hard.

Back