Coopers ale yeast and rootbeer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_al

Reaction score
Tried champagne yeast and wine yeast they were fine this time all I had around was coopers, I mixed it up at 3pm. I just checked the bottles and they are rock hard already only 9 hours.

So I bagged them and put them in a cooler corner and in the morning I will put them in the fridge.

I only hesitate to place them in the refrigerator because last time they were this hard they still didn't have as much carbonation as we wanted.

I doubt I will hear any pops but this time I feel like I may be pushing it a bit.

I'm using a rainbow extract 3/4 cup of splenda and 8tbs of sugar. Now that I think about it I just threw the whole 7g package of yeast in a 1 gallon batch. . That must be why it went so fast.

nothing blew up, looks like it ran out of sugar or stalled in the cooler room.

Well I don't know what happened this time but it stinks like rotten eggs. Poured one down the drain and the other bottle ill leave in the fridge for 2 weeks to see if it changes.

First time trying ale yeast and I used camphden to sanitize since I was almost out of starsan.

I had the same problem the first time I made root beer with an extract. When I opens up it s let like rotten s***. I whet ahead and started using real roots. I also have had nice results with ale year. I think it is just a matter of time for the beer to carb up.it never seems to happen in the 3 days that every one says it takes

Its just odd, first time it didn't carb but tasted good, second time it carbed up pretty good and tasted great. This time holy rhinofarts. I think I'll go back to champagne yeast or I'll just wait until I can get a keg and a carbonator cap.

I had the same problem the first time I made root beer with an extract. When I opens up it s let like rotten s***. I whet ahead and started using real roots. I also have had nice results with ale year. I think it is just a matter of time for the beer to carb up.it never seems to happen in the 3 days that every one says it takes

That's the Cooper's yeast. It has a distinctive taste that I hate.

Back