CoolStix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u81doughboy

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has used the BrewBuilt CoolStix to control fermentation temp yet. I just came across this product and am thinking it looks nice. I'm concerned how effective it might be due to the single column design.

I look forward to reading replies.

I bet it would work well for insulated 5-6 gallon fermenters for controlling fermentation temps. I would not expect it to be capable of cold crashing in any way

it seems to be more reasonably priced compared to some of the other similar products that have come and gone.

I dont image the version with the temp probe right next to the cooling rod works all that well though I could be wrong..

I was thinking very much along the same lines.

I'm not interested so much in cold crashing, but general fermentation temp control and lagering in the 45-50* range.

There have been no reviews posted anywhere I can find, and frankly I'm not a big fan of being a beta-tester for a product like this. Curious, has anyone created something like this on their own? If so, how well does it work?

Thanks.

Back